As a college student there are so many options for how you can spend your summer! Epic Movement Summer Missions are an option where you’ll have the opportunity to take the good news of forgiveness in Jesus to the world! Not only will you be doing good work for the Lord, but He will grow you in faith and in skills you can have for a lifetime of following Jesus! Plus, you will experience a valuable cross-cultural exchange and even have opportunities for leadership and work.
Some summer missions go overseas and others are here in the U.S. Anywhere you go will involve opportunities to take steps of faith and following God as He stretches you to become the kind of person he wants you to be.
- Locations*: Epic Movement currently sends to the following locations (click the links below for more information on each location):
- East Asia
- Southeast Asia
- Wildwood, NJ
- Time Commitment: Generally 5-8 weeks long, depending on location during the summer months. Usually runs from mid-June to early August.
- Cost: ~$4500-$6000 for the summer--this all-inclusive and includes airfare, housing, food, living expenses, and ministry expenses. Epic Movement is committed to helping you be as prepared as possible before going on Epic Movement Summer Missions. Each attendee is expected to raise a team of financial and prayer partners to help send you fully-funded and fully-covered in prayer. Epic Movement will provide coaching and training in this area.
- Basic Requirements: Willingness and desire to learn and serve; Accountability and Alignment to Epic Movement and Cru and its values; Flexibility and Maturity to grow and work within a team structure; Must be able to attend the entirety of project barring certain unforeseen circumstances, including a 1 week briefing prior to the start of the summer mission in June.
- Deadlines: Varies, depending on team size and need
* Location preference may be indicated in the application, however Epic Movement does not guarantee that your first preference will be your final placement. These decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Read about the summer missions below and/or ask others in your group or your staff if they’ve attended a summer mission and about their experience. Also, fill out an Interest Survey.
- Start the application. The application is linked through each individual summer mission page.
- Get references in and pay the fee--the applications are not considered complete until all of the application, references, and fees are received.
- Schedule an interview with a team leader.
- Await acceptance and next steps.