Cru's compensation plan for full time missionary staff members is based on need, not their role within the ministry, or the market value of that position among similar organizations. All U.S. missionary staff, including our president, Steve Douglass, are provided similar compensation based on need.
Missionary staff members are required to develop a team of ministry partners to contribute funds to Cru to cover their salaries, Social Security, benefits, training, and ministry expenses, plus a portion of the administrative and international expansion costs of Cru.
In order to keep our staff free from financial distractions and focused on our mission, our salary structure promotes a moderate lifestyle, longevity in ministry, and individual freedom and responsibility for staff.
New staff members start with a base salary which may be increased for age, size of family, geographic location, and tenure.
Typical Annual Gross Base Salaries
- 2022 Typical New Staff Single Base Salary: $30,684
- 2022 Typical New Staff Couple (no kids) Base Salary: $65,760
- 2022 Typical New Staff Family (2 kids) Base Salary: $83,304
We place a high priority on caring for our staff members because they're the ministry's greatest asset. For that reason, we provide the following benefits to all full-time staff members:
- Comprehensive healthcare plan.
- Our healthcare plan includes coverage for medical, prescription drugs, preventive care, chiropractic visits, counseling and much more. We also provide dental care and have a wellness program.
- Our medical benefits are provided through BlueCross BlueShield, dental benefits through MetLife.
- To help staff members build a financial foundation for their lives after 65, Cru has a 403(b) plan that staff may make voluntary contributions to through their paychecks. Cru also makes monthly contributions to each plan.
- Life Insurance.
- A generous basic life insurance program is offered to staff members.
- Disability coverage.
- Cru provides long-term disability coverage offering financial protection in the event staff members are unable to work as a result of illness or injury.
- Worker's compensation.
- In the event of a job-related injury, we provide worker's compensation.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Each staff member receives two weeks of vacation a year once they report to their ministry assignment. Additional weeks of vacation are also earned with tenure. Cru recognizes eight paid holidays per year.