This resource written by Jonathan Le, Epic Staff at UT Austin, practically defines some strategies to form a missional community small group (or “agape group”). One can envision forming a missional community small group that decides to attend another club’s meetings on a monthly basis, as part of the “DNA” of their small group.
Please click here to download the resource (PDF).
- What are the barriers to beginning “agape groups” in your ministry?
- What would it take to overcome these barriers?
- Brainstorm some clubs/groups in your neighborhood or school that your small groups might begin to visit on a regular basis to form
- relationships. After forming relationships with the club/group, what are some ideas for spiritual conversations?
- Are there differences between how your missional community small group should approach those who have been previously a part of the church and those who have never been to church?