Share about a time when you felt felt desperate, needy or vulnerable.
Summary: God loves poor and vulnerable people and wants to use us to help them.
Read Matthew 25:35-40 and ask the following questions:
1. What do you like about this passage?
2. What do you find uncomfortable or difficult to understand in this passage?
3. What appears to be the main idea emphasized in this passage? (Look for repeated words or ideas.)
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
Read James 1:22-27.
Read Isaiah 58:1-12.
Read Matthew 6:1-4.
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can we express Christ’s love to the poor or vulnerable this week? How can we give them the love and hope of Jesus? How can we get to know them personally? How can we practically help them move beyond whatever oppresses them?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2022 Cru. All Rights Reserved.