Share about someone who sacrificed something for you. Why did they do it? How did it impact you?
Summary: God wants us to demonstrate our faith through the merciful treatment of others.
Read Luke 10:25-37 and ask the following questions:
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read James 2:14-19
How does the statement in verse 18, “I will show you my faith by my deeds” help us understand that James is not communicating that we are saved by our good deeds?
What is true of the two types of faith discussed here: a) faith without deeds and b) faith with deeds?
How would you describe your own faith? Is it with deeds, without deeds or something else?
B. Read Matthew 5:13-16
Describe what you think life would be like without salt and without light?
When you are with people who are salt and light by their good deeds, how do they make you feel?
What are the results of good deeds?
Do you think your neighbors, friends and acquaintances experience you as salt and light?
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2018 Cru. All Rights Reserved.