What actions or characteristics do you most critically judge in others? How are those similar to the qualities you most value in yourself?
Summary: Jesus is our only source of true righteousness. We become self-righteous when we try to validate our worth through our strengths, relationships, position or actions.
Read Luke 18:9-14 and ask the following questions:
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read Philippians 3:1-11
B. Read Ephesians 2:8-10
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2019 Cru. All Rights Reserved.