If you could do anything with your life and you didn’t have to worry about money or what others thought about your decision, what would you do?
Summary: Many Christians struggle to know whether their desires come from God or themselves. God wants to renew our minds and fill our hearts with desires and passions that will glorify Him, serve others and bring great joy and purpose to our lives.
Read Galatians 5:13-26 and ask the following questions:
1. What do you like about this passage?
2. What do you find uncomfortable or difficult to understand in this passage?
3. What appears to be the main idea emphasized in this passage? (Look for repeated words or ideas.)
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
Read Galatians 5:24-25.
Read 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12.
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.