How have you struggled to embrace your ethnicity or the culture in which you grew up? (If you don’t identify with or understand this question, describe how you feel about the question. Why do you think that is?)
Summary: Every human being has an ethnicity. This means each one of us has a language, culture and values, and we share physical characteristics common to a group, or groups, of people. We should all embrace our ethnicity because God has made all of us.
Read Acts 17:26-27 and ask the following questions:
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read Philippians 3:2-9
B. Read Revelation 7:9-10
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.