What is one of the best gifts you’ve ever given to someone?
Summary: As believers in Christ, we are not merely recipients of God’s grace, we are grace-givers. The truth of the gospel, along with the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, changes our lives. God’s indescribable grace and gifts motivate us to share the good news of Christ with others and to love others as God loves us.
Read Ephesians 3:1-13 and ask the following questions:
1. What do you like about this passage?
2. What do you find uncomfortable or difficult to understand in this passage?
3. What appears to be the main idea emphasized in this passage? (Look for repeated words or ideas.)
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
Re-Read Ephesians 3:1-3,8.
Read Genesis 12:1-3.
Read 2 Corinthians 5:17-21.
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2022 Cru. All Rights Reserved.