Describe a time in your life when you felt uncertain about something important to you. How did you feel?
Summary: Those who have faith in Jesus Christ can be confident and assured that they have eternal life with God.
Read 1 John 5:9-13 and ask the following questions:
1. What do you like about this passage?
2. What do you find uncomfortable or difficult to understand in this passage?
3. What appears to be the main idea emphasized in this passage? (Look for repeated words or ideas.)
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read Romans 5:1-11.
Why did God the Father choose to give His Son to die for us?
What has Jesus saved us from?
What is our part in salvation?
B. Re-read 1 John 5:11-13.
What is true of the person who has Christ?
What is true of the person who does not have Christ?
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do these passages reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2018 Cru. All Rights Reserved.