Did your parents ever have “the talk” with you about sex or sexual purity? If so, what did they tell you? If not, where did you first learn about sex and what did you learn?
Summary: God can give us what we need to be satisfied in Him and live sexually pure lives.
Read 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 and ask the following questions:
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read Proverbs 5:15-23
B. Read Matthew 5:27-28
C. Read Galatians 5:16-26
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. What unanswered questions do you have about sexual purity?
8. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
9. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Note: For many sexual purity is a struggle and some have experienced trauma related to their sexuality. If your group doesn’t have the experience and resources necessary to help in this area, please connect with a Cru staff member, pastor or professional Christian counselor.
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2019 Cru. All Rights Reserved.