How would you define “disciple?” Describe a time when you were a disciple or student of someone else.
Summary: Jesus commanded His followers to “make disciples of all nations.” It is therefore important for His followers to understand what it means to be a disciple, to evaluate their lives in light of this definition, and to commit themselves to living as disciples of Jesus.
Read Matthew 28:18-20 and ask the following questions:
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read Matthew 11:28-30
B. Read Luke 14:25-33
C. Read John 15:4-5
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2018 Cru. All Rights Reserved.