Have you ever had an experience where you wondered if there had been some demonic influence? What happened?
Summary: Whether we realize it or not, we are in a spiritual battle. We can be assured, however, that Jesus Christ is victorious over demons and has all authority and power over them. Our best defense in this war is to remain close to Jesus and constantly use what He has given us to “be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power” (Ephesians 6:10). The battle we fight is primarily for the truth we believe.
Spiritual warfare is a complex subject with many points of view. This short introduction may raise more questions than answers. That’s okay. If needed, please go through some of the Spiritual Warfare resources found in Collaborative Discipleship’s In Depth Resources section.
Read Ephesians 6:10-18 and ask the following questions:
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read 2 Corinthians 11:2-4
B. Read Ephesians 4:25-28.
C. Read Matthew 4:1-11
5. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
6. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
7. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
8. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
9. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2019 Cru. All Rights Reserved.