Describe a time in your life when you helped someone with something that was important to them. What was rewarding for you about this? What was difficult about it?
Summary: Every believer in Christ is a “CoJourner” with those who don’t yet know him. CoJourners come alongside others in their spiritual journeys, helping them take next steps toward faith in Christ.
CoJourners Overview: Every person is on a spiritual journey, and God is already at work in the life of each person you meet. As a CoJourner, you can help others on their journey toward Christ through:
Read Colossians 4:5 and ask the following questions:
1. What do you like about this passage?
2. What do you find uncomfortable or difficult to understand in this passage?
3. What appears to be the main idea emphasized in this passage? (Look for repeated words or ideas.)
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
Read Acts 17:26-27 and Matthew 9:37-38.
Read 1 Corinthians 3:9.
Read Acts 17:16-23.
Read John 4:28-29,39-42.
Read Romans 6:23.
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Note: For a comprehensive discussion of this topic, read this CoJourners article.
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2022 Cru. All Rights Reserved.