What’s one thing in the world right now that seems wrong or unjust?
Summary: God invites and commands His people to not only be aware of injustice, but to pursue justice. Simply put, seeking justice means to give to a person what they are due, whether punishment, protection, or care. As Christians do justice, we foreshadow the return of godly justice when Christ returns to the earth and all of creation is restored.
Read Micah 6:8 and ask the following questions:
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read Luke 4:16-21 (Note: This scene depicts the launching of Jesus’ public ministry.)
B. Read Luke 19:1-10
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. Think about the imagery of these passages. What might it look like to seek justice?
8. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
9. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
It can be hard to seek justice because we don’t know where to begin. How can you, or we, take a first step to seek justice for others this week?
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.