Describe a time in your life when you accomplished something that was a real challenge to finish. How did you feel?
Summary: Jesus has commanded us to, “go make disciples of all nations." Jesus gave this great commission to a community who would work together and join God to help others know Jesus, follow him and make more disciples. God wants us to accept the greatest challenge ever given by the greatest person who ever lived.
Read Matthew 28:18-20 and ask the following questions:
1. What do you like about this passage?
2. What do you find uncomfortable or difficult to understand in this passage?
3. What appears to be the main idea emphasized in this passage? (Look for repeated words or ideas.)
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
Read Matthew 22:35-40.
Read Acts 1:8. (Jesus speaking)
Read 2 Timothy 2:2.
Read John 20:21.
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.