Describe someone you know who has great character. How have they impacted your life?
Summary: Cru’s founder Bill Bright often said, “We can trace all of our human problems to our view of God.” The most important truths for a Christian to internalize are an accurate view of the character and nature of God. God’s character is more vast and powerful than we can ever hope to understand, but He gives glimpses into some of His characteristics through His Word.
Read Jeremiah 29:10-13 and ask the following questions:
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read Jeremiah 32:17
How is God’s all-powerful nature described in this passage?
How does it impact you?
B. Read John 14:15-18
How is God always present if your life?
Why is this important to know?
C. Read James 1:5
D. Read 1 Chronicles 29:11-13
How far does God’s sovereignty extend?
What words are used to describe God’s sovereignty in this passage? Why are they significant?
E. Read Exodus 15:11
How is God’s holiness described in this passage?
Is this important today? Why?
F. Read Psalm 50:4-6
How is God’s justice described here?
Why is this important today?
G. Read 1 John 4:7-12
What is this attribute of God and how might it impact your life?
H. Read Psalm 89:8
What difference does it make to you to know that God is faithful?
I. Read James 1:17
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2018 Cru. All Rights Reserved.