Describe a time in your life when you or someone you knew was lost or missing. What happened? How did you feel? How did you and those around you respond?
Summary: God gives us the privilege to be involved in the search for those who do not yet know Him.
Read Luke 15:1-10 and ask the following questions:
1. What do you like about this passage?
2. What do you find uncomfortable or difficult to understand in this passage?
3. What appears to be the main idea emphasized in this passage? (Look for repeated words or ideas.)
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
Read John 3:16-18.
Read John 14:6.
Read Matthew 9:35-38.
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2021 Cru. All Rights Reserved.