At what age were you first introduced to the Bible? What were your initial thoughts on the Bible? How has your view of the Bible changed over time?
Summary: The Bible is the inspired Word of God and describes God’s interaction with humanity, the life and teachings of Jesus and the basis of the Christian faith. It is important for believers in Christ to understand the inspiration, trustworthiness and importance of the Bible.
Read 2 Peter 1:20-21 and ask the following questions:
1. What do you find helpful or interesting about the Bible’s inspiration?
2. What do you find uncomfortable or difficult to understand about this doctrine?
3. What appears to be the main idea emphasized in this passage? (Look for repeated words or ideas.)
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
Read Psalm 19:7-8.
Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Read John 5:39.
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.