How would you feel if you knew that you had failed another person who was very important to you?
Summary: Living a life of confession, repentance and faith allows us to experience daily fellowship with God.
Read 1 John 1:5-2:2 and ask the following questions:
What do you like about this passage?
What do you find uncomfortable or difficult to understand in this passage?
What appears to be the main idea emphasized in this passage? (Look for repeated words or ideas.)
Consider how the following passages increase our understanding of this topic:
A. Read Psalm 32:1-5.
B. Read Colossians 2:6-14.
4. What are the beliefs and values promoted in these passages?
5. What do they reveal about our human condition and God’s response?
6. How are these beliefs and values similar or different from those that have influenced you? (such as your family, culture, peers, church, etc.)
7. How might our faith increase and our lives change as we embrace what is true and important?
8. In light of what we’ve discussed, how can we pray for each other right now?
Since we last met, what happened as a result of expressing Christ’s love to others?
How can you, or we, express Christ’s love to others this week?
Here are a few ideas:
©1994-2018 Cru. All Rights Reserved.