A collaboration with Thinking Faith, we address pertinent questions that Singaporean youths have about the Christian faith.
Thinking Faith Director & Speaker, Max Jeganathan helps youth make sense of the Christian faith through succinct answers.
Check out the videos and accompanying reflection/discussion questions below.
1. What are some common questions you have had or heard about the Christian Bible's credibility?
2. If you have two minutes to explain why the Christian's sacred text is credible, what would you say?
3. According to Max, what are the two approaches to test the credibility of any historical document?
4. It is natural to unearth more questions regarding the Bible's reliability. Write down any more questions you may have.
1. Which area(s) of Science do you think conflict(s) with what the Christian faith is about?
2. According to Max, why does he think 'Science' and 'God' are not mutually exclusive?
3. What is the false dichotomy that Max talks about?
4. Does it surprise you that there are leading scientists in both contemporary world of today and in history, who are also Christians? Why or why not?
1. Do you think "absolute truth" exists? Are you absolutely sure?
2. Which kinds of evidence reflect that Jesus is possibly "the Truth" (John 14:6)?
3. Is Jesus Christ more of a legend, lunatic, liar, or lord (God) to you? Read this.
4. Jesus is the only major world religious leader who claimed He was God. If He was lying, what would it make of Christians? If He is who He claimed Himself to be, what would be your response?
1. What are some common strategies that people around have in coping with suffering?
2. Think of a time when you experienced suffering/injustice/pain in your life? What were some thoughts that you had during that season in life?
3. According to Max, what is the Christian response to suffering?
4. Which of these viewpoints makes sense to you? Why or why not?
1. How have you dealt with feelings of loneliness in your life?
2. Do you agree with what Max said about digital connectedness?
3. Which relationships are the ones you'd like to upkeep the most in your life?
4. What are some things that make you worried of anxious about, even the slightest?
You don't have to journey alone. Talk to a mentor. It's confidential and always free. Please fill out the form below so a mentor can get in touch soon to listen and to support you. All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.
©1994-2021 Cru. All Rights Reserved.