Use this month's-worth of content to explore evangelism from why we are called to take part in it to outreach ideas with your ministry on social media. We have broken down what to post on Facebook and Twitter for you. For graphics, go to our Facebook album page and search through our photo albums to find the verse or quote that matches the day's graphic.
- This month, we are so excited to explore the importance of sharing Christ with others. Why do we share the gospel anyways? Find out here: http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/evangelism-principles/why-we-share-the-gospel.html
- “But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? Romans 10:14”
All across the world, people are hearing the truth of Jesus for the first time. But they won’t hear unless we choose to tell them. #TellTheWorld
- At Southern Connecticut State University, morning prayer in front of the school library led more than 20 football players to Christ, and the head coach! Prayer evangelism is just one way to share Jesus with others. Need outreach inspiration? http://www.cru.org/content/dam/cru/legacy/2012/03/Creative-Evangelism-Ideas.pdf
- Graphic - "True gospel preaching always changes the heart. It either awakens it or hardens it." -Chan Kilgore
- When one college student had fears about sharing Jesus with her friend, God gave her the courage to do it anyways. Six months later, the leap of faith proved to be a blessing. http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/evangelism-principles/talking-with-friends-about-Jesus-is-terrifying.html
- Hillsong video on evangelism. “Check out what JD and Jad from @HillsongUnited have to say about evangelism!”
- Sharing Jesus with others can seem daunting. But one woman learned there are easy ways to turn fear into excitement. Learn 8 tips for talking about Jesus: http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/evangelism-principles/faith-steps-8-tips-talking-about-jesus.html
- More than 15 years ago, students at Humboldt State University created a campaign to share Jesus with others.
They called it, “I Agree with Tom”.Today, campuses continue to use this compelling effort to reach others for Christ. http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/outreach-strategies/the-i-agree-with-campaign.html
- Graphic - Reserve 27 - “Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart.” 2 Corinthians 4:1
- Everyone has a story. How can you use yours to point to the One who is writing it? http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/evangelism-principles/how-to-tell-your-story.html
- Graphic - Reserve 26 - “Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us daily.” Sally Koch
- Do you think one person can’t help change the world? Think again. #TellTheWorld http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/evangelism-principles/one-person-change-the-world.html
- Relational Evangelism Infographic (from Pinterest page)
- Some ideas are made by jotting them down on a napkin. The gospel, told in 189 words. How two young men created a viral video that pointed others to Christ. #FallingPlates http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/outreach-strategies/fallingplates.html
- “The idea is that you will seek to join people on their spiritual journeys - meeting them where they are, not where you want them to be.” http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/help-others-grow/cojourners-overview.html
- Moving works short film: Great Love https://www.movingworks.org/project/great-love/
- A household broken by alcohol and marriage struggles. A man saved by Christ’s redeeming love. Sharing Jesus at home can transform a family: http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/evangelism-principles/bringing-gospel-home.html
- Graphic - “Evangelism is not a monologue, but a dialogue.” Jim George
- You want to share the gospel with someone, but one burning question keeps stalling the conversation: “How do I bring it up?” Here’s an idea: http://www.cru.org/content/dam/cru/legacy/2012/03/Six-Degrees-of-the-Gospel.pdf
- Have you downloaded the GodTools app? Carry resources to share Jesus right in your pocket. http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/outreach-strategies/got-a-phone--you-can-share-jesus-.html
- In 2013, more than 60 Florida college students decided to share personal stories of how God changed their lives. See how an evangelism tool called “Backstory” came to be. http://www.cru.org/communities/campus/students-stories-facebook.html
Look at this Backstory example!
- Graphic - “Knowing God is not enough; you must make Him known to others. Through your living character, you tell more about the living God!” Israelmore Ayivor
- Sometimes, it’s tough to find words to express how we’re feeling. Soularium is an evangelism tool that uses photos to inspire spiritual conversations. http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/outreach-strategies/soularium.html
- Use one of our inforgraphics to share with your friends and family on social media how they can come to know the Savior of the world.
- Graphic - “Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.” Romans 10:1
- “A Hindu student wrestles with our message for his deceased grandparents who never heard about Christ. A student still grieving the loss of her mother to cancer has a hard time believing that God is good and that He cares about her.” How can you better prepare yourself for tough questions surrounding the gospel?
- Graphic - “You can’t teach a person to love something, but you can get him to feel the heat of your love for something.” James MacDonald
- We’ve loved talking about how to share Jesus this month. Of course, the journey doesn’t end here! Find resources to help share the gospel with others http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel.html.
- This month, we are excited to explore the importance of sharing Christ with others. Why do we share the Gospel anyways? Find out here: http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/evangelism-principles/why-we-share-the-gospel.html
- And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.” Mark 16:15 (globe emoji)
- Are you trying to get through the day on spiritual decaf? http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/devotional-morning-fix.html #Devotional
- Graphic - "We best defend the Lord's glory by speaking to Him about unbelieving men rather than speaking first about him to unbeliving men." Sinclair B. Ferguson
- All across the world, people are hearing the truth of Jesus for the first time. But they won’t hear unless we choose to tell them. #TellTheWorld
- “How can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?” Romans 10:14
- This week’s challenge: Ask God for boldness in sharing the Gospel with those who seem closed off to spiritual conversations. #CruChallenge #TellTheWorld
- "To belong to Jesus is to embrace the nations with Him." — John Piper
- Guess what? It’s #TakeoverTuesday! Do you follow Cru on Instagram? Check out @cruinstagram on IG to see who has taken over our account for the day.
- And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” Isaiah 6:8
- Will you go where God wants to send you? #TellTheWorld
- Graphic - “Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders” -Hillsong UNITED, “Oceans”
- Spend some time with this week’s #CruChallenge: Ask God for boldness in sharing the Gospel with those who seem closed off to spiritual conversations. #TellTheWorld
- Sour apples: Experiencing God more powerfully through suffering. #Devotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/sour-apples.html
- “And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.” Daniel 12:3
- Sharing the gospel requires your love for others to outweigh your fears. Ask God to strengthen you to go out and reach all nations.
- “We were made to be disciples who make disciples until the day when we see the face of the One we follow, and together with all nations we experience His satisfaction for all of eternity.” Francis Chan, “Multiply”
- Is your own comfort keeping you from following God’s plan for your life? http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/into-the-dance.html #Devotional
- “And he said to them, ‘Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.’” Matthew 4:19
- Graphic - "True gospel preaching always changes the heart. It either awakens it or hardens it." Chan Kilgore
- Here’s what Jad and JD from Hillsong United had to say about sharing the gospel with others! (30 second Hillsong Evangelism video clip)
- This week’s #CruChallenge: Ask God for boldness to share the Gospel with those who seem closed off to spiritual conversations. #TellTheWorld
- Do you follow Cru on Pinterest? Follow CruPins for devotionals, evangelism resources and more! pinterest.com/crupins #CheckItOut
- “We must be global Christians with a global vision because our God is a global God.” -John Stott
- Ever thought about using social media to share the gospel? Today, we’ll be sharing some #OnlineOutreach ideas!
- Here’s one #OnlineOutreach idea: Cardboard testimonies! Write down one word to describe life before knowing Christ, and one word for life after knowing him. Make a video and share!
- Do you have any #OnlineOutreach ideas? Let’s hear them! #TellTheWorld
- #OnlineOutreach: Upload student testimonies. Encourage students to be open and honest as they share a little bit about their faith journey with their friends and peers.
- #OnlineOutreach: Ask engaging questions. Use social media to ask your followers questions that can ultimately point them to the gospel.
- #OnlineOutreach: Why not share Jesus’ love through music? Share a video of your favorite worship song with others.
- Who has had an opportunity to share the gospel on campus this year? (raise hand emoji) Tell us about it!
- “By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care.” 1 Corinthians 3:10
- Have you used Cru’s Perspective Cards to share the gospel? These cards are a great way to get to know someone and leaning into spiritual conversations http://www.perspectivecards.com/ #WhatsYourPerspective
- Graphic - Rejoice always. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
- #Devotional: Reflections on Isaiah 6. http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/proclaiming-gods-glory.html
- God has created you uniquely. This week’s #CruChallenge: Think about how can you use your strengths to reach others with Jesus’ love.
- Tell us: Why do you think it’s important to share the gospel with others? #TellTheWorld
- "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.” Romans 1:16
- That adrenaline rush that comes with sharing the gospel: http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/double-dog-dare.html #DoubleDogDare
- #Devotional: Pushing forward when you’re short on motivation. http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/driving-forward.html
- God has made you one of a kind. This week’s #CruChallenge: How can you use your uniqueness to reach others with Jesus’ love?
- “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19
- It’s Throwback Thursday! What is your favorite memory of sharing the gospel with someone? #ShareWithUs #tbt
- To share Jesus with others, don’t forget to spend time with Him first. http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/a-daily-time-with-the-lord.html
- “Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.” Romans 10:1
- What is a resource you use to share the gospel? #TellTheWorld
- This week’s #CruChallenge: Think about how you can use the strengths God has given you to reach others with Jesus’ love.
- Graphic - "If you don't love Jesus out loud, then it must not be real love. It's not enough to forge your own spiritual connection to the Divine. It must be displayed publicaly." -Susan Cain
- Who is God asking you to reach out to today? Who around you needs to know about His perfect love?
- “Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart” 2 Corinthians 4:1
- #FallingPlates http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/outreach-strategies/fallingplates.html
- Is following Jesus really worth it, anyways? http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/is-jesus-worth-it.html #Devotional
- “'Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name.” Revelation 3:8
- Graphic - “Come sit at the table; Come taste the grace; There's rest for the weary; Rest that endures; Earth has no sorrow; That Heaven can't cure” - Crowder, “Come as you are”
- Sharing the gospel with someone? Be a cojourner. http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/help-others-grow/cojourners-overview.html #ComeAsYouAre
- “I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light.” -John Keith Falconer
- Are a butterfly or a tadpole? #Devotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/butterflies-and-tadpoles.html
- We love this short film by @MovingWorksFilm! #CheckItOut https://www.movingworks.org/project/great-love/
- This week’s #CruChallenge: Ask God to show you one person in your life that you can share the gospel with. Pray for that person. #TellTheWorld
- Graphic - "We are called to go make disiples, but how do disciples live? How do we function in the world - in our marriages, families, schools and places of business? How do we live as salt and light in the socivety?" -Michael Brown
- “You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them.” 2 Timothy 3:14
- Have you ever thought about using movies to share the gospel with others? Here are some ideas to get you started: https://www.pinterest.com/crupins/start-a-discussion/
- Graphic - “The great controlling factor is not the needs of people, but the command of Jesus. The source of our inspiration in our service for God is behind us, not ahead of us.” -Oswald Chambers
- Have you heard of iCare week? A week filled with ideas to share God’s love with those around you. We’ll share some of those ideas with you today! http://www.cru.org/content/dam/cru/legacy/2012/11/iCare-Week.pdf
- iThank: Give thanks to those who are under appreciated. Write a thank you note for a professor, a maintenance worker, maybe even a bus driver! #SpreadGodsLove
- iPray: Get together with friends to pray for the needs of your campus and the world around you. #SpreadGodsLove
- iServe: Take some time to serve people around you and show that you care. This could mean taking out their trash, giving away goodies, or simply asking how you can help them. #SpreadGodsLove
- Interested in putting on an iCare week? Look here for more ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/crupins/icare-week/
- It’s Throwback Thursday! We want to hear from you, what is your favorite Cru memory? #tbt #ShareWithUs
- This week’s #CruChallenge: Ask God to show you one person in your life that you can share the gospel with. Pray for them. #TellTheWorld
- Graphic - "I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light." John Keith Falconer
- #Devotional: Wonderstruck by the Creator: http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/spiritual-growth/devotionals/captured-by-the-night-sky.1.html
- “A lion has roared! Who will not fear? The Lord GOD has spoken! Who can but prophesy?” Amos 3:8 (I will make a graphic for this)
- Check out movingworks.com for incredible videos and stories of faith, love and sharing Jesus with others. @movingworksfilm
- Graphic - “We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there's nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all.” Oswald Chambers
- Have you downloaded the #GodToolsApp yet? #TellTheWorld http://www.godtoolsapp.com/
- What’s in the #GodToolsApp, you ask? We’ll be highlighting some of its features throughout the day!
- Did you know the #GodToolsApp includes information on how to Know God Personally? #TellTheWorld
- “Satisfied?” is one feature of the #GodToolsApp. It shares information on how to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Not sure how to answer tough questions about faith? The #GodToolsApp includes articles from everystudent.com to help with that!
- What’s your favorite feature of the #GodToolsApp? #TellUs
- #Backstory: A powerful campaign to share the gospel. Check out how @CruatUF took on this incredible initiative: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1DpCC-B9UQ5btslQia0ZfA
- We all have a story. Use yours to point someone to Christ. #BackStory
- "So shall My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11
- Have you been part of a #Backstory movement on your campus? #WhatsYourStory
- Graphic - Knowing God is not enough; you must make Him known to others. Through your living character, you tell more about the living God!" -Israelmore Ayivor
- “So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.” 1 Corinthians 3:7
- Spend some time with this week’s #CruChallenge: Pray that God will give you an eager heart in sharing the Good News of Jesus.
- “God has given us two hands - one to receive with and the other to give with. We are not cisterns made for hoarding; we are channels made for sharing.” -Billy Graham
- Look familiar? Can anyone tell us what evangelism tool this is? (Picture of soularium)
- Have you used #Soularium to share the gospel with others? #TellUsAboutIt
- “The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
- “We talk of the Second Coming; half the world has never heard of the first.” -Oswald J. Smith
- Spend time with this week’s #CruChallenge: Ask God to give you an eager heart to share the Good News of Jesus.
- “I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. So, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome” Romans 1:14-15
- “God became man to turn creatures into sons: not simply to produce better men of the old kind but to produce a new kind of man.” -C.S. Lewis
- How you can share the gospel with your family today: http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/life-and-relationships/holidays/other/thanksgiving-tradition-ideas.html
- We want to hear from you: What are you thankful for this year? #TellUs
- Graphic - "Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart." 2 Corinthians 4:1
- Spend some time with this week’s #CruChallenge: Pray that God will give you an eager heart in sharing the Good News of Jesus.
- “It is the duty of every Christian to be Christ to his neighbor.” -Martin Luther
- The skeptic needs to hear about Jesus, too. http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel/obstacles-to-faith/how-to-talk-to-a-skeptic.html
- Sometimes, starting a spiritual conversation can be as simple as asking one question: What started it all? http://www.cru.org/content/dam/cru/legacy/2012/02/What-Caused-the-Universe.pdf
- “For we cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and heard." Acts 4:20
- “If you are walking with Jesus, in the Spirit, you need not fear going too far. No believer has gone as far as God wants him to go.” -A.A. Allen
- Know someone that is looking for answers to tough spiritual questions? We’ve got the place for them: www.everystudent.com
- “The spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions. The nearer we get to Him, the more intensely missionary we become.” -Henry Martyn
- Graphic - "You can't teach a person to love, but you can get him to feel the heat of your love for something." -James MacDonald
- “…that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” 1 Peter 2:9
- We have loved exploring ways to share the gospel with you this month! Let’s continue to #TellTheWorld about the perfect love of Jesus.
- When sharing the gospel, always remember that you are not alone. Jesus is with us, always.
- “And remember, I am with you each and every day until the end of the age.” -Matthew 28:20
- Looking for resources to support your evangelism efforts? Check out http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/share-the-gospel.html