COVID-19 Digital Toolkit
Provided by Cru City
Over the last few months, all our realities have changed as the hearts and minds of people around the world have been captured by a common topic– coronavirus.
We desire to journey with you through this time as we discover new ways to share the hope we have in Jesus. Greg Lillestrand, Vice President for Cru’s City Division, shares more in this video about where we are finding our hope.
Engage in the mission when you can't leave home.
Use this toolkit of simple steps to get started now.
During this unparalleled season we have the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus, to be his ambassadors. We don’t have to be physically next to someone to connect. In a world consumed by anxiety and fear, people need to experience the presence of Jesus now more than ever. Be creative in trying new ways to make connections using email, text, and social media. Reach out, listen to stories, serve, offer to pray . . . reflect the person of Jesus.
- Time of crisis provides unique opportunities to lean into spiritual conversations. This short video and this resource will give you simple tools to connect with others.
- Cru commissioned research to better understand our audience and what we found may surprise you! Start here to discover what we learned and how it may change your conversations with neighbors, co-workers, and friends.
- Share resources with your friends who don’t know Jesus from EveryPerson.com. Invite others to do so, as well!
- Looking for ways to love your neighbors? Visit NBS2GO.com
- Walking in the power of the Holy Spirit is essential for the Christian life but even more so in times of stress and crisis. Learn more here.
- Share your micro testimony in a simple way with your family as you’re hanging out at home with them or with friends as you connect online.
- See how professionals are leading and reflecting Jesus through one of the biggest crises our country has faced through offerings from LeaderImpact.
- Become a virtual mentor. The Mentor Center gives you an easy, safe and anonymous way to learn how to journey with hurting people and to share the gospel as the Holy Spirit leads.
Inherent in the word “together” is the word “with.” In this season of pandemic it is easy to become isolated and for others to feel a keen sense of isolation. The tools below remind us that we have the privilege to participate “with” God in his grand story–and we do so through the power of the Holy Spirit. We also have the privilege to journey “with” others–other Christ followers who can join us in serving–and “with” those who have not yet come to know Jesus.
- View a pre-recorded webinar for 20-somethings on anxiety in the midst of Covid19 HERE to gain understanding on how to continue to walk with Jesus during this difficult season.
- Use text or group messaging to reach out. Check in daily with your friends and neighbors. It can be as simple as asking how they’re doing and how you can pray for them.
- Host your weekly gathering, prayer group or Bible study online.
- Tips for working from home and online meetings
- Articles you can talk about with your friends
- Connect to opportunities to make Jesus known and multiply the church through Church Movements.
- Home is not canceled! FamilyLife offers great ideas for using your time as a family to grow closer to God, each other, and your neighbors.
- See how you can share the greatest story of all time with everyone, everywhere, and in every language from the Jesus Film Project.
- Read the Bible in 90 days with a friend through this unique offering from Every Word.
- Discover resources designed to help guide others through the process of becoming mature disciples.
- Needing to give and receive forgiveness? Watch this powerful movie of reconciliation in impossible circumstances. Engage with friends later to talk more. Offered by Cru Arts and Culture.
This is an unprecedented time to serve our cities–to journey with those who are vulnerable because of job loss, health issues, the need of basic necessities, the overwhelming anxiety of new realities, or the very real need of deeper spiritual connection. The tools below can aid you in taking action and making a difference.
- In the current racial tension of our cities, God continues to call us to be His light and presence. Rasool Berry in his podcast, “Where Ya From?” Talks with Pastor Daniel Hill about his awakening into this reality.
- As we seek to build bridges, listen to Asian American leaders share how to love our Asian American communiites well.
- Join us in June for a 4-part look at what our city needs from an awakened church. The speakers, interaction, and content will inspire, challenge, and encourage you!
- Are you a recent college graduate? Connect with opportunities in your city!
- Use online spaces to make connections with your neighbors. Facebook, Nextdoor Neighbor, and Instagram are great places to pose a question for engagement, see how you can assist neighbors with groceries, and offer prayer for those in need.
- Go on a Virtual Prayer Walk using Google Earth to walk the streets of your neighborhood or another part of the world, right from your device. Prayer is the first step to revival. Prayer is the first step to revival.
- More opportunities coming soon!