Are you looking for ways to better understand God's heart for the poor here in Detroit? Or maybe you are looking for ways to be involved in reaching people for Christ? Join us as a volunteer and watch how God is working to "deliver the needy who cry out."
Check back here to sign up for future volunteer opportunities.
- Boxes of Love: The holidays for most people means turkey, mashed potatoes, afternoon naps, family, and maybe football. But for so many Thanksgiving is no different from any other day. Help bring food, love and the gospel to families by packing boxes of Thanksgiving food that will be delivered by Detroit churches.
- Homeless Care Kits: As the weather gets colder the need for warm clothes gets greater. During the winter we pack care kits for the homeless and near homeless in our communities. These include a warm blanket, gloves, hats, and socks, a New Testament, and other useful and needed tools. The kits will be delivered by churches in the city along with the incredible message of the gospel.
- Easter Bags: Come join us to pack Easter bags for children living in the inner city! The bags will be filled with candy, small toys, gospel bead bracelets, and cards. You could help pack the bags, write cards, and make bracelets.
- PowerPacks™: When kids go back to school they need school supplies. Many kids in the city can't afford what they need. PowerPacks are backpacks filled with school supplies that are distributed when school is starting up. We need volunteers to help assemble these bags of school goodies.
- S.A.Y. Yes!® Centers: Do you have a heart for kids in city? Volunteer at an after-school program that focuses on all the needs of a child! Come share the love of Christ with a child by mentoring and tutoring.
If you would like more information about any of these opportunities or think God is calling you to volunteer, please contact Jeanine Jamerson at firstname.lastname@example.org.