Reaching Your World
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (I John 1:9).
He also promises:
"Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more" (Hebrews 10:17).
If you want to be used by God, ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you anything that is displeasing to Him in your life. Consider:
- Have you offended a friend, and not asked his forgiveness?
- Have you violated a command of God's Word, and not asked God's forgiveness?
- Have you lived in anxiety or worry? Cynicism or negativity?
- Have you been unloving to others at home, work, church, or elsewhere?
- Have you been dishonest in your finances or work habits?
- Have you dwelled on lustful thoughts?
- Have you failed to tell someone about Christ when the Lord was prompting you to do so?
- Have temporal pursuits (work, money, pleasure, "things") dominated your thinking and lifestyle?
Make a list of these specific sins on a piece of paper.
Then claim God's forgiveness by writing I John 1:9 across these sins.
Tear the page up and destroy it to symbolize the fact that God forgives us and remembers our sins no more.