Cru’s ministry at Bowling Green University in Ohio has been intentionally trying to show care and concern for everyone they interact with.
The purpose is for encouraging and blessing others by serving them, and it’s a way to build relationships with Christians and non-Christians.
What does this look like in your life? How can you show concern for those around you?
Here’s 30 ideas to get you started:
- Text a friend asking how you can pray for them.
- Then follow up asking if they have seen an answer.
- Pay for the meal or coffee of the person behind you in line.
- Give a book to someone you think might enjoy it.
- Send an encouraging email to a someone who lives far from you.
- Tell a community leader or professor how much you appreciate them.
- Introduce yourself to a new person at a meeting , at church, or in your office.
- Show up early to a meeting or event and help set up and stay late to clean up.
- Ask a friend, “Can I do anything for you today?”
- Run an errand for someone.
- Call a local food pantry and see what kind of food they need.
- Do the dishes for your housemates or family.
- Clean up after someone who usually serves you.
- Take a moment to thank your parents or other family members for what they have done for you.
- Buy donuts for the staff in your apartment building, residence hall or office.
- Ask a church leader if they need any help this week.
- Visit a nursing home. Just sit and talk to someone or hold someone’s hand.
- Tell a close friend how much they mean to you and why.
- Invite someone new to hang out with you and your friends.
- Pray for Cru staff members or other missionaries serving around the world.
- Leave a place looking better than when you first got there.
- Go to a student organization or community event to show support.
- Teach someone a skill you have.
- Spend time listening to someone.
- Pick up trash you see on campus or in your neighborhood.
- Make dinner for a group of friends.
- Call a family member just to connect.
- Allow someone else to help you.
- Follow someone on social media and share with them why you like following them.
- Respect anyone in authority.
What other ideas do you have? What has opened a conversation for you? Share below.