What does it take to begin a relationship with God? Do you need to devote yourself to unselfish religious deeds? Must you become a better person so that God will accept you? Learn how you can know God personally.
Learn the basics of what Christians believe.
Get the answers to frequently asked questions on Christian beliefs and practices.
Explore answers to life's biggest questions.
We all have a story. Read about individuals who have been transformed by faith.
Take the next step in your faith journey with resources on prayer, devotionals and other tools for personal and spiritual growth.
Explore resources to help you live out your life and relationships in a way that honors God.
Find resources for personal or group Bible study.
Learn to develop your skills, desire and ability to join others on their spiritual journeys and take them closer to Jesus.
Help others in their faith journey through discipleship and mentoring.
Develop your leadership skills and learn how to launch a ministry wherever you are.
View our top Cru resources in more than 20 languages.
Have some fun taking various quizzes and assessments to learn about yourself and others.
Volunteer abroad this year on a short term global missions trip offered by one of the best, most-reliable Christian missions organizations in the world.
Internship opportunities with Cru's ministries.
If you're looking for the best Christian jobs and careers, check out Cru's ministry job openings for full- and part-time missionaries and professionals.
Live in another country building relationships and ministries with eternal impact.
Would you like to give your time to work with Cru? We need you.
Find a Cru event near you.
Use your hobbies and interests to find the best place for you to serve.
Helping students know Jesus, grow in their faith and go to the world to tell others.
Reflecting Jesus together for the good of the city.
Partnering with urban churches to meet physical and spiritual needs.
Striving to see Christ-followers on every team, in every sport and in every nation.
Equipping families with practical approaches to parenting and marriage.
Reaching students and faculty in middle and high school.
Bringing hope and resources to military families worldwide.
How we seek to journey together with everyone towards a relationship with Jesus.
Answers to questions on donations, financial policies, Cru’s annual report and more.
What we believe about the gospel and our call to serve every nation.
Learn about Cru's global leadership team.
When the global church comes together then powerful things can happen.
Leading from values so others will walk passionately with God to grow and bear fruit.
Because ethnicity is part of the good of creation, we seek to honor and celebrate the ethnic identity of those with whom we serve as well as those we seek to reach.
Showing God in action in and through His people.
Hear what others are saying about Cru.
Amplify your gospel impact and streamline your giving!
GOD CALLS US TO TELL OTHERS ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
As Dustin began to grow in his relationship with God and thought about talking to his friends about his faith, he was excited. After all, Jesus was changing his life. But he also felt nervous about it. How would he bring up the subject? What would he say? How would he handle it if he didn’t know the answer to someone’s question? As you think about talking to others about your faith in Jesus, how can you relate to Dustin’s experience?
1. Read 1 Corinthians 2:1-5. What did the writer choose not to rely on when he was talking to people about Jesus?
2. Why is it good to know we don’t need to be good with words or be super-wise to talk to people about Jesus?
3. What did the writer focus on when he talked to people about Jesus?
4. How did the writer feel as he was talking to people about Jesus?
5. Why is it good to know that weakness and fear don’t mean you can’t talk to people about Jesus?
6. Based on verse 4, what role does God’s Spirit play in us talking to people about Jesus based on verse 4?
7. According to verse 5, what happens when we take the initiative to talk to people about Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leave the results to God?
8. Take a minute to pray for God to open your heart to the people around you that need to know more of his love. Who does he bring to mind?
9. As a group brainstorm questions you could ask this person to bring up the topic of God.
10. What are some ways you could explain the good news of Jesus Christ to this person?
Find more resources and ideas for teaching this study online at thrivestudies.com/tellem or cru.org/highschool
©1994-2023 Cru. All Rights Reserved.