What does it take to begin a relationship with God? Do you need to devote yourself to unselfish religious deeds? Must you become a better person so that God will accept you? Learn how you can know God personally.
Learn the basics of what Christians believe.
Get the answers to frequently asked questions on Christian beliefs and practices.
Explore answers to life's biggest questions.
We all have a story. Read about individuals who have been transformed by faith.
Take the next step in your faith journey with resources on prayer, devotionals and other tools for personal and spiritual growth.
Explore resources to help you live out your life and relationships in a way that honors God.
Find resources for personal or group Bible study.
Learn to develop your skills, desire and ability to join others on their spiritual journeys and take them closer to Jesus.
Help others in their faith journey through discipleship and mentoring.
Develop your leadership skills and learn how to launch a ministry wherever you are.
Volunteer abroad this year on a short term global missions trip offered by one of the best, most-reliable Christian missions organizations in the world.
Internship opportunities with Cru's ministries.
If you're looking for the best Christian jobs and careers, check out Cru's ministry job openings for full- and part-time missionaries and professionals.
Live in another country building relationships and ministries with eternal impact.
Would you like to give your time to work with Cru? We need you.
Find a Cru event near you.
Use your hobbies and interests to find the best place for you to serve.
Helping students know Jesus, grow in their faith and go to the world to tell others.
Reflecting Jesus together for the good of the city.
Partnering with urban churches to meet physical and spiritual needs.
Striving to see Christ-followers on every team, in every sport and in every nation.
Equipping families with practical approaches to parenting and marriage.
Reaching students and faculty in middle and high school.
How we seek to journey together with everyone towards a relationship with Jesus.
Answers to questions on donations, financial policies, Cru’s annual report and more.
What we believe about the gospel and our call to serve every nation.
Learn about Cru's global leadership team.
When the global church comes together then powerful things can happen.
Leading from values so others will walk passionately with God to grow and bear fruit.
Because ethnicity is part of the good of creation, we seek to honor and celebrate the ethnic identity of those with whom we serve as well as those we seek to reach.
Today we encounter a wide variety of questions related to sexuality and gender. As followers of Christ, we want to navigate LGBT+ questions in a way that is compassionate to people and faithful to scripture.
Showing God in action in and through His people.
Hear what others are saying about Cru.
LIVING IN LIGHT OF ETERNITY
You’re waiting for the bus and drop your phone in the street just as the bus comes around the corner. Before you can grab it, you hear a crunch as the front wheel of the bus meets your phone. How do you feel? How would your response be different if you already knew you were getting the brand new phone you wanted in two days for your birthday? Why? Would you spend a large amount of money to fix your broken phone? Why or why not?
1. Read 2 Corinthians 4:13-18. According to verse 14 what does Paul say they know?
2. Have you ever thought about what it will be like to be with Jesus in his presence? Revelation 21:1-7 tells us a little of what it will be like. What in the description sounds most appealing to you?
3. In the situations Paul and Timothy are facing it would be very tempting to be discouraged and give up, but verse 16 says they don’t lose heart. What do they give as reasons for this (verses 16-18)?
4. According to verse 18, what is their focus on? What are examples of these “unseen” things?
5. What are they not focusing on? What might be some of the seen things in Paul’s life at this time?
6. Why are they focusing on the unseen rather than the seen?
7. How would it make a difference in facing trials if you know they are only temporary?
8. Consider a line representing eternity. It would be infinite in both directions. Now think about your life compared to eternity? If this line represented all of history behind us and all of eternity in front of us, how much of this line would represent your life here on earth?
Eternity Past Eternity Future
9. In what kinds of temporary treasures do people invest their time, talents, and finances?
10. What kinds of things are eternal?
11. As you look back at the line representing eternity, are you investing most of your life for the dot or the line? How is putting too much investment in temporary things like pouring money into a broken phone when you are going to get a new one in a few days?
12. Why is it so difficult to keep our minds on things that are eternal?
13. Are there any changes you need to make in order to live more for eternity in your everyday life? Changes in what you value? Changes in how you spend your time? Changes in your priorities?
©1994-2023 Cru. All Rights Reserved.