Use this 31-day content to explore what discipleship looks like for believers from being disciple to learning to do discipleship. We suggest using each of the bullet points for your Twitter account and choosing just one for your daily Facebook post. For graphics, click the link on the text and you’ll be taken to the graphic on our Facebook.
- Article: Discipleship: What’s the point? #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/252f
- “Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved.” Romans 10:1 #WhyDisciple
- Is there a difference is between being a Christian and being a disciple? #WhyDisciple
- Graphic: Go and make disciples of all nations
- Text: "Join us in the adventure of being a disciple of Christ and helping make disciples to transform the world. Matthew 28:19 #WhyDisciple"
- Article: Tips for the Disciple Maker. #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/25b1
- "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, & you will know the truth, & the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32 #WhyDisciple
- What hinders you from starting to disciple in your community or church? Ask God what’s your next best step. #WhyDisciple
- Article: God can use discipleship as a redemptive relationship in someone's life. #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/25m5
- “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.” – 1 Corinthians 11:1 #WhyDisciple
- Who do you want to become? What do you want to be remembered for when you die? Jot these things down where you can see it. #WhyDisciple
- Article: Don't know how to disciple? Take a pastor's advice. #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/25b3
- “The one indispensable requirement for producing godly, mature Christians is godly, mature Christians.” – Kevin DeYoung #WhyDisciple
- Read John 15:1-17. Ask God for what you need to be a fruitful witness and disciple-maker. #WhyDisciple
- “You will know as much of God, and only as much of God, as you are willing to put into practice.” – Eric Liddell #WhyDisciple
- Article: Should you just disciple anyone? #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/25m9
- When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer #WhyDisciple
- Graphic: And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. – 2 Timothy 2:2
- Text: "Grace, a student in the Philippines, discipled Ella, who discipled Mitzi, who discipled Nica. Every triangle represents a person. “As I continue meeting with Mitzi, I became more focused on Christ. She taught me things I thought I already knew before, but didn’t really understand. I understand the importance of reading the Bible more and what it means to follow it and then share it to the world.” – Nica #WhyDisciple"
- Ask God to see if he is calling you to a new practice, relationship or experience that can help you grow as a disciple. #WhyDisciple
- Article: You can't disciple everyone, so invest your lives in a particular kind of person. #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/26ir
- Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:27 #WhyDisciple
- What are the qualities of a disciple? Now ask yourself which qualities you want to grow in. #WhyDisciple
- Jesus staked His whole ministry on 12 men. He was not trying to impress the crowd, but usher in the Kingdom. – Robert Coleman #WhyDisciple
- Article: “Who Should I disciple?” #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/25md
- “Such people... are raised up by God in answer to prayer... He will draw those to us whom we can disciple. – Robert Coleman. #WhyDisciple
- What qualities do you seek in a potential disciple? Willing, intentional, available? #WhyDisciple
- Graphic: Disciple your little ones
- Text: "If you have kids, how are you modeling the life of Jesus in your home? #WhyDisciple"
- Article: Is your disciple scared to share? Read this with them. #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/25cf
- Nothing is really lost by a life of sacrifice; everything is lost by failure to obey God's call. – Henry P Liddon #WhyDisciple
- Is there someone in your life who is not yet ready to be a disciple? Take a moment and pray for them now. #WhyDisciple
- Graphic: #WhyDisciple
- Text: “When you invest in the life of an international student, you help influence the world. “When these students complete their education and return to their homelands...they become leaders.” – Dr. Billy Graham #WhyDisciple
- Confess your sins & pray for one another..The prayer of a righteous person has great power.. Jas. 5:16. #WhyDisciple
- Read 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and discuss with a friend which qualities of a disciple-maker could apply to you. #WhyDisciple
- Graphic: Faith, Available, Intentional, Teachable, Heart for Others
- Text: "What qualities do you seek in a potential disciple? #WhyDisciple"
- Article: Every disciple-maker needs to know how to have these two kinds of conversations. #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/26l6
- “Authenticity is key for a healthy discipleship relationship.” – Eric Russ. #WhyDisciple
- Do you lean towards grace or truth when communicating with others? Ask God to help you to grow in that area. #WhyDisciple
- Graphic: Grace + Truth + Time = Change/Growth (growth model). #WhyDisciple
- Text: "Do you know the ingredients of growth and change in a person's life? #WhyDisciple"
- Doing Discipleship: Where to Begin. #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/25d3
- A treasured trait in a disciple is fruitful witness. “How beautiful are the feet of those who proclaim good news…” Isaiah 52:7 #WhyDisciple
- Take your disciple out with you in a public place to meet someone new, and ask them their perspective about spiritual issues. #WhyDisciple
- To regularly proclaim God grows people in their faith, courage, and eternal perspective. – Eric Russ. #WhyDisciple
- Graphic: Those who teach by their doctrine must teach by their life.
- Text: "Are you living out what you teach others? #WhyDisciple"
- Article: What to teach your disciple. #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/25dg
- “Again Jesus said, ‘Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” John 20:21 #WhyDisciple
- Ask God for the desire for others to know Jesus & be disciples. Pray for others to come to faith & grow by your influence. #WhyDisciple
- Graphic: Walk by Faith / Communicate Your Faith / Multiply Your Faith
- Text: "Discipleship involves walking by faith, communicating your faith, and multiplying your faith. How do you need to grow as a disciple? How do you want to help others grow? #WhyDisciple"
- Article: How to see lasting change in a person’s life. #WhyDisciple http://t.cru.org/25dr
- Do you want students on your campus to know Jesus, or know a potential student leader? http://t.cru.org/25dp #WhyDisciple
- “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” – Matthew 6:33 #WhyDisciple
- “Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress.” – 1 Timothy 4:15 #WhyDisciple
Latest Stories in Ready-to-Use Content
A 31-day content schedule on the power of togetherness and community.
A 12-day schedule exploring what it means to be faithful to God through our partnering with others.
A 31-day content schedule exploring what it means to be faithful to God in our work and in our rest.
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.