Use this 100-day content on our Discover God series for your social media. We suggest using each of the bullet points for your Twitter account and choosing just one for your daily Facebook post. For graphics, go to our Facebook album page and search through our photo albums to find the verse or quote that matches the day's graphic.
- Discovering God: Bend to God’s will #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-knows-everything.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Philippians 4:4-9 . Our wise and all-knowing Father sees us everyday, trust Him with each moment of your day.
- #Bible: "Obey God because you are His children. Don't slip back into your old ways of doing evil; you didn't know any better then." 1 Peter 1:14
- Graphic - "Father, if You are willing, take this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done." Luke 22:42
- Discovering God: God knows the present #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-knows-everything.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Proverbs 24:8-16. Think about what Jesus asks the Father for on your behalf. Today, thank Him for His watchful care and daily intercession.
- #Bible: "For God understands all hearts, and He sees you." (Proverbs 24:12, NLT)
- Graphic - "But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.” Luke 22:32
- Discovering God: God shares His wisdom #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-knows-everything.5.html
- #CruChallenge: Read James 1:2-18. Remind yourself every day of the truth that God knows everything. You will never again feel the same way about your daily personal fellowship with Him.
- #Bible: “If you need wisdom – if you want to know what God wants you to do – ask Him, and He will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking.” James 1:5
- Graphic - “He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.” Matthew 28:6
- Discovering God: Wise Planning #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-knows-everything.6.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Proverbs 3:1-10. Are you relying on God to accomplish your plans, or do you still think you can achieve them by yourself?
- #Bible: “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
- Graphic: “Seek His willing all you do, and He will show you which path to take.” Proverbs 3:6
- Discovering God: Eternal Life #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-never-changes.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 3:10-21. Are you secure in your eternal relationship with almighty God? If not, meditate on God’s Word.
- #Bible: “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” John 3:17
- Graphic: "This is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.” John 17:3
- Discovering God: Faith versus Sight #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-never-changes.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Romans 5:1-11. Believe God never changes. Let that fact affect the way you trust Him for the things you cannot see and do not understand.
- #Bible: “Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of highest privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory.” Romans 5:2
- Graphic: "Faith does not operate in the realm of the possible. There is no glory for God in that which is humanly possible. Faith begins where man's power ends.” George Mueller
- Discovering God: God gives us stability and significance #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-never-changes.3.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 62:1-8. Use your Bible concordance to find a promise that clearly applies to you today and claim in faith that God will be faithful.
- #Bible: “My salvation and my honor depend on God, he is my mighty rock, my refuge.” Psalm 62:7
- Graphic: "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10
- Discovering God: God to the rescue … Again. #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-never-changes.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 91:14-16. Call on the Lord today for any situation where there seems to be no way out.
- #Bible: “When they call on Me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue them and honor them.” Psalm 91:15
- Graphic: "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1
- Discovering God: He is still the same #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-never-changes.5.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Luke 21:29-36. Have you used God’s truth or your own experiences as your life compass? Today, choose your starting point wisely.
- #Bible: "All Your words are true; all Your just laws will stand forever.” Psalm 119:160
- Graphic: “Heaven and earth will disappear, but My words will remain forever.” Luke 21:33
- Discovering God: Why pray? #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-never-changes.6.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Hebrews 6:13-20. Where do you need God to intervene in your life? Pray in humility, understanding that God is the sovereign God who sees the entire picture.
- #Bible: “God also bound Himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that He would never change His mind.” Hebrews 6:17
- Graphic: "For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.” Malachi 3:6
- Discovering God: A Priceless Inheritance #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-absolute-truth.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 1 Peter 1:3-9. Find a promise in God’s Word to fulfill a valid need in your life. Make a decision to believe it, and hold to God’s promise by faith.
- #Bible: “God has reserved a priceless inheritance for His children. It is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.” 1 Peter 1:4
- Graphic: "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.” Deuteronomy 7:9
- Discovering God: God’s truth exposes deception #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-absolute-truth.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 8:12-30. Does everything you do and say demonstrate that you are listening to God’s truth or listening to the world?
- #Bible: "The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.” Psalm 119:160
- Graphic: “I am the light of the world. If you follow Me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” John 8:12
- Discovering God: God’s truth sets us free #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-absolute-truth.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Galatians 5:1-6. Have you been trying to fix yourself? Turn to God and saturate your mind and heart with His truth. Let Him change you from the inside out.
- #Bible: "Now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.” Romans 6:22
- Graphic: "For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” Colossians 1:13-14
- Discovering God: The greatest power #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-absolute-truth.5.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Jeremiah 27:1-7. Ask God to empower you by the unlimited power of the Holy Spirit to live a life pleasing and acceptable to Him today. Then, tomorrow, ask Him to do it again.
- #Bible: "O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your dwelling places.” Psalms 43:3
- Graphic: “By My great power I have made the earth and all its people and every animal.” Jeremiah 27:5
- Discovering God: Truth really matters #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-absolute-truth.6.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalms 86:9-13. If God is the source of all truth, how can you make sure your moral compass always points to true north in the midst of a turbulent culture?
- #Bible: "Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.” Psalms 86:11
- Graphic: "Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.” Psalms 25:5
- Discovering God: We can trust God’s word #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-absolute-truth.7.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 17:6-19. Meditate on this passage and embrace the truth of God’s holy, inspired Word.
- #Bible: All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Graphic: “Make them pure and holy by teaching them Your words of truth.” John 17:17
- Discovering God: Be a Mirror #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 2 Corinthians 3:7-18. Stop trying to live the Christian life and try to reflect God’s grace, love and mercy.
- #Bible: “All of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 3:18
- Graphic: "Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.” 1 John 2:6
- Discovering God: God can calm the storms #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Luke 8:22-25. Do you have a storm in your life? Ask God to calm it and trust Him in the midst of your storm.
- Bible: "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.” Luke 8:25b
- Graphic: “Jesus rebuked the wind and the raging waves. The storm stopped and all was calm!” (Luke 8:24)
- Discovering God: God has power over evil #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.3.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Romans 16:17-27. What do you fear most? Choose to find freedom as you rely on God’s power and not your own.
- “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” #Bible
- Graphic: “The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.” Romans 16:20
- Discovering God: God is all powerful #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Galatians 5:16-26. Take your focus off yourself and your efforts to live the Christian life and focus on who God is, allowing His spirit to live through you by His mighty power.
- #Bible: If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.” Galatians 5:25
- Graphic: “To be a Christian is to be a warrior.” – Charles Spurgeon
- Discovering God: Leave it in His hands #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.5.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 91:1-8. Meditate on Psalm 91 and trust in God’s power and faithfulness.
- #Bible: “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.” Nahum 1:7
- Graphic: “He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, I am trusting Him” Psalm 91:2
- Discovering God: LIBERATED! #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.6.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 8:31-41. Have you been liberated? Allow God’s spirit to live through you, each and every moment.
- #Bible: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17
- Graphic: So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36
- Discovering God: Our weakness, His strength (Hallelujah!) #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.7.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 2 Corinthians 12:1-10. When you feel weak and inadequate to share of God’s love ask God to strengthen you in His Spirit.
- #Bible: “He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power.” Isaiah 40:29
- Graphic: “When I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:10
- Discovering God: Part of His design #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.8.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Jeremiah 32:17-25. When’s the last time you recognized God’s power at work? Thank Him today.
- "O Sovereign LORD! You have made the heavens and earth by Your great power. Nothing is too hard for You!” Jeremiah 32:17 #Bible
- Graphic: But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect.” 1 Corinthians 15:10a
- Discovering God: Power to be Holy #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.9.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Galatians 5:16-26. Let God’s spirit live through you every moment of every day.
- #Bible: If we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. … whatever we ask – we know we have what we asked of Him. (1 John 5:14-15)
- Graphic: By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. (2 Peter 1:3)
- Discovering God: Power to change #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.10.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 1 Corinthians 15:50-58. As you think about your life are you: Riding the wave or Pushing the ocean? The key to riding the wave is to allow the Holy Spirit to empower you for service.
- #Bible: “… let us follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.” Galatians 5:25
- Graphic: Victory in Jesus
- Discovering God: The Grand Architect #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.11.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 139:13-18. Next time you look up at the stars, worship God’s marvelous power and wisdom for He is a mighty God.
- #Bible: “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” Psalm 19:1
- Graphic: “Your workmanship is marvelous.” Psalm 139:14
- Discovering God: The Power Source #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.12.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Galatians 3:1-14. Don’t ask God to bless your best efforts, but ask God to live through you.
- #Bible: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.” Luke 4:18a
- Graphic: “To experience true life, we must continue the Christian journey the same way we began it – by faith.” –Bill Bright
- Discovering God: The only source of real power #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.13.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Ephesians 5:8-21. Do you lack God’s power in your life? Learn how you are wonderfully made http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/classics/the-spirit-filled-life.html
- #Bible: “Let the Holy Spirit fill and control you.” Ephesians 5:18b
- Graphic: “Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead and Christ will shine on you.” (Ephesians 5:14)
- Discovering God: The Spirit persuades and convicts #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-all-powerful.14.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Philippians 1:9-10. When sharing Christ, ask God for discernment about their real needs.
- #Bible: Folly is joy to him who lacks sense, but a man of understanding walks straight. Proverbs 15:21
- Graphic: Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands. Psalm 119:66
- Discovering God: God cannot be manipulated #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-just.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Daniel 9:4-11. Worship the God who is perfect in every way, merciful and righteous.
- #Bible: For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy to all them that call on you. Psalm 86:5
- Graphic: “The Lord our God is just in everything he does.” Daniel 9:14
- Discovering God: God is always just and fair #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-just.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Genesis 18:16-25. By faith, thank God for His unconditional forgiveness through Jesus’ sacrifice.
- #Bible: “God is a judge who is perfectly fair.” Psalm 7:11
- Graphic: "Everything He does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright He is!" (Deuteronomy 32:4)
- Discovering God: God’s judicial authority #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-just.3.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Matthew 28:16-20. Will God see your short comings at the day of judgement or will He see Jesus’ perfect sacrifice? it’s your choice.
- Bible: "For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us.” Isaiah 33:22
- Graphic: "Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.” Isaiah 64:8
- Discovering God: Justice and Mercy Satisfied #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-just.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 1 Peter 2:23-25. Think of any other religion that unites perfect justice and mercy without compromising either slightly. Today, thank God for His perfection.
- Bible: “All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on Him the guilt and sins of us all.” Isaiah 53:6
- Graphic: By his wounds we are healed. (1 Peter 2:24)
- Discovering God: Is Justice Delayed is Justice Denied? #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-just.5.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 145:8-13. The next time you see justice denied because it is delayed, let it be a reminder of how greatly you have benefited because God was slow to enact justice on you.
- Bible: “The Lord is king and merciful, slow to get angry, full of unfailing love.” Psalm 145:8
- Graphic: A religion which is in constant process of revision to square with science’s ever-changing picture of the world might well be easier to believe, but it is hard to believe it would be worth believing.” C.E.M. Joad, “Recovery of Belief”
- Discovering God: Sin’s natural consequences #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-just.6.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Galatians 6:1-10. Is there a “secret sin” in you life taking you down the wrong road? Change your behavior and shift focus from your sin to God.
- Bible: The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:8
- Graphic: “I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy.” Psalm 140:12
- Discovering God: Perfect judge #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-just.7.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 9:7-10. Thank God today that our advocate, Christ, has taken our punishment.
- Bible: He will judge the world with justice and rule the nations with fairness. Psalm 9:8
- Graphic: He executes justice for the fatherless and widow, and loves the stranger, in giving him food and clothing. Deuteronomy 10:18
- Discovering God: Look at this amazing contrast #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-love.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Philippians 2:6-8. Are you hesitant to completely sell out to God because you’re afraid of what you may have to give up? Trust God who loves you so much.
- Bible: … he humbled himself and became obedient to death – even death on a cross! (Philippians 2:8)
- Graphic: (TEXT: He was cruelly nailed to a cross in front of a jeering crowd. He could have shaken the world in defiance, but all He said was,)
- "Forgive these people, because they don't know what they are doing" (Luke 23:34)
- Discovering God: Comfort from fellow believers #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-love.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 23:4-6. Is it difficult to accept help from others? Ponder the applications of being part of the body of Christ when you are hurting.
- Bible: “I will fear no evil; for You are with me” (Psalm 23:4)
- Graphic: He comforts us in all our troubles (2 Corinthians 1:4)
- Discovering God: God blesses us because He loves us #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-love.3.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Romans 8:38-39. According to the passage, what can separate you from God’s love?
- Bible: “In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.” Exodus 15:13
- Graphic: “He loves us with unfailing love” Psalm 117:2
- Discovering God: God disciplines you lovingly #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-love.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Proverbs 3:11-12. Think of times when God has disciplined you, consider how you grew spiritually through the process.
- Bible: If you refuse to discipline your children, it proves you don't love them; if you love your children, you will be prompt to discipline them. Proverbs 13:24
- Graphic: For the Lord corrects those He loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights (Proverbs 3:12)
- Discovering God: God’s love is unchanging #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-love.6.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Numbers 23:19-20. Do you know someone who needs to see God’s unchanging love? Demonstrate that today.
- Bible: I trust in God's unfailing love forever and ever” (Psalm 52:8)
- Graphic: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8
- Discovering God: God’s loving sacrifice #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-love.7.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Romans 5:6-11. Think about what Jesus suffered because of His love for you. Take time on your knees to thank him.
- Bible: “God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” (Romans 5:8)
- Graphic: The righteous for the unrighteous (1 Peter 3:18)
- Discovering God: Loving by faith #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-love.8.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Luke 6:27-28. At this moment, think of the person who seems difficult to love. Ask God to help you see that person as He sees them.
- Bible: But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you” Luke 6:27
- Graphic: For God so loved the world (John 3:16)
- Discovering God: More from the mite #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-love.10.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Philippians 2:6-11. God is always pursuing you. How well are you responding to Him? What could you do today to strengthen your relationship with Him?
- Bible: “He made himself nothing; He took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form.” Philippians 2:7
- Graphic: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow (Philippians 2:10)
- Discovering God: What is true love? #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-love.11.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 15:9-17. Compare the world’s love with God’s love. If we all loved each other with God’s love what would this world look like?
- Bible: “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13
- Graphic: “Faith is an organ of knowledge, and love an organ of experience.” A.W. Tozer
- Discovering God: Extending mercy has a cost #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-merciful.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Mark 11:20-26. Do not harbor unforgiveness or bitterness. It will rob you of your joy.
- Bible: When you pray, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too. Mark 11:25
- Graphic: “God's mercy and grace give me hope - for myself, and for our world.” Billy Graham
- Discovering God: God’s everyday mercies #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-merciful.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Matthew 5:43-48. List 3 necessities you take for granted, without which you would soon die. Thank God for them today.
- Bible: [God] gives His sunlight to both the evil and the good, and He sends rain on the just and on the unjust, too. (Matthew 5:45)
- Graphic: Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Psalm 25:6
- Discovering God: God’s mercy through us #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-merciful.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Matthew 9:1-13. Do you love mercy? Ask the Lord to make it a priority in your life.
- Bible: “I desire mercy, not sacrifice.” For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” Matthew 9:13
- Graphic: “The Lord's mercy often rides to the door of our heart upon the black horse of affliction.” ― Charles H. Spurgeon
- Discovering God: Hard mercy #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-merciful.5.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Jude. Choose to allow God’s mercy to flow you to others, even those whom it is hard to forgive. It will set you free.
- Bible: “May God give you more and more mercy, peace and love.” Jude 2
- Graphic: For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy to all them that call on you. Psalm 86:5
- Discovering God: Payment in full #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-merciful.6.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Matthew 6:5-15. Because God lavishes His mercy on us, we must show mercy to one another. Let go of old hurts cause by others.
- Bible: “Forgive us our sins, just as we forgive those who have sinned against us.” Matthew 6:12
- Graphic: John 3:16 | Mercy beyond comprehension
- Discovering God: The defining movement #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-merciful.7.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Revelation 2:1-7. Have you wandered from your first love? Turn around and return to the loving embrace of your Heavenly Father.
- Bible: “Look how far you have fallen from your first love! Turn back to me again …” Revelation 2:5
- Graphic: We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
- Discovering God: The object of our faith #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-merciful.8.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 10:7-18. Every time you see an anthill think of how small you are and thank God for sending Christ to rescue us from destruction.
- Bible: “I am the door. If anyone enters Me he will be saved.” John 10:9
- Graphic: “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.” Galatians 3:11
- Discovering God: The Old Converted Sea Captain #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-merciful.9.html #AmazingGrace
- #CruChallenge: Read Luke 15:11-31. What is the story of your discovery of God’s Amazing Grace? Share that story with someone who needs to hear it.
- Bible: He was lost, but now he is found.” Luke 15:24
- Graphic: “I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am” – John Newton
- Discovering God: God’s inspirational presence #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-present-everywhere.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Acts 9:1-19. Why do you think God reveals himself to us in special ways? Is it primarily for our benefit or the benefit of others?
- Bible: “As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.” Acts 9:3
- Graphic: “God chooses the time and place to reveal Himself, and when He does, we never forget the joy of being in His inspirational presence.” Bill Bright
- Discovering God: You are never alone #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-present-everywhere.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 14:15-31. Make God fully known by confessing your sins, obeying his commands, meditating on his word and talking with him.
- Quote “God never made a promise that was too good to be true.” D.L. Moody
- Graphic: “No I will not abandon you as orphans – I will come to you.” John 14:18
- Discovering God: Practicing His presence #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-present-everywhere.3.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 56. Practice God’s presence by talking with Him throughout the day. Tell Him what’s on your mind.
- Quote/Bible: My request is that He will walk around in my body, speak with my lips, use my hands and feet for His glory, and control my thoughts so they honor Him. –Bill Bright
- Graphic: “Now I can walk in Your presence, O God, in Your life giving light” (Psalm 56:13)
- Discovering God: His righteous nature #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-righteous.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Proverbs 21:1-3. Check the accuracy of your moral compass. Is it based on personal feelings or God’s righteous, unchanging character?
- Quote/Bible “The Lord is more pleased when we do what is just and right than when we give Him sacrifices.” Proverbs 21:3
- Graphic: All a man’s ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart. Proverbs 21:2
- Discovering God: Holiness leads to righteousness #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-righteous.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 119:113-144. If righteousness only flows from holiness, how can we be righteous? Walk in the presence of a holy God, and let His Spirit act through you.
- #Bible “Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true.” Psalm 119:142
- Graphic: “O Lord, You are righteous” (Psalm 119:137) @ 9:45 PM
- Discovering God: Recognize who you really are #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-righteous.3.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 2 Corinthians 5:16-21. When your feelings say you are a total failure God says you are a new creation. Choose to believe God today.
- Quote: God created us for this: to live our lives in a way that makes him look more like the greatness and the beauty and the infinite worth that he really is. This is what it means to be created in the image of God.” ― John Piper
- Graphic: “The old life has gone; a new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Discovering God: The source of righteousness #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-righteous.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Romans 4:3-6. Learn how to be righteous enough to satisfy God and act in that manner today.
- Quote/Bible “The Lord is righteous in everything He does.” Psalm 145:17
- Graphic: My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever. Psalm 145:21
- Discovering God: A slave of Jesus #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Romans 1:1-6. Are you willing to voluntarily become a slave of Jesus out of your love for Him?
- Quote/Bible “A slave of Christ Jesus” (Romans 1:1)
- Graphic: When we’ve been there ten thousand years, Bright shining as the sun, We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise, Than when we’d first begun. (Amazing Grace – John Newton)
- Discovering God: Bullet Proof #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Deuteronomy 28:1-14. When you face daunting circumstances and panic begins to rise what do you do first? Your response says everything about how you view God.
- Quote/Bible “A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.” Psalm 91:7
- Graphic: You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you come out. Deuteronomy 28:6
- Question: When you face daunting circumstances and the panic begins to rise in your throat and your pulse quickens, what do you do first: Freeze? Redouble your efforts? Acknowledge that God is in control? Your response says everything about how you really view God.
- Discovering God: Divine Appointments #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.3.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 119:105-112. Pay attention as God does a work in every event in your life. Be careful not to miss His voice.
- Quote/Bible “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105
- Graphic: My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end. Psalm 119:112
- Discovering God: Following God’s lead #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Colossians 1:24-29. When you sense God nudging you to share the gospel’s truths respond with joyful submission. Today, just say, “yes” to him.
- Quote/Bible “Everywhere we go we tell everyone about Christ.” Colossians 1:28
- Graphic: To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me. Colossians 1:29
- Discovering God: God is fulfilling His plan #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.5.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Ephesians 1:3-14. Are you participating in God’s master plan? Are you becoming more like Jesus? Participate in God’s master plan today.
- Quote/Bible “It is God who judges: He brings one down, He exalts another” Psalm 75:7
- At the right time He will being everything together under the authority of Christ – everything in heaven and on earth” (Ephesians 1:10)
- Discovering God: God uses evil for good #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.6.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Romans 8:26-37. When tragedy strikes, take comfort in the fact that no difficulty will ever come into your life without God's permission.
- Quote/Bible “In all things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” Romans 8:37
- Graphic: We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them (Romans 8:28)
- Discovering God: He directs your steps #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.7.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 37:23-29. Are you facing a crossroad in your life? Wait on him.
- Quote/Bible “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.” Psalm 37:23
- Graphic: “It is great to do the Lord’s work, but it is greater to do the Lord’s will.” Miriam Booth, daughter of Salvation Army founder William Booth @11:45 PM
- Discovering God: Not a “natural” at witnessing? #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.8.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Matthew 4:12-22. Are you following Jesus? Are you learning to fish for lost souls? Today take the step in learning to fish.
- Quote/Bible: Follow me and I will make you fishers of men (Matthew 4:19)
- Graphic: Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near. (Matthew 4:17)
- Discovering God: Responding to God’s voice #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.9.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Acts 14:4-12. Ask God today to help you walk by faith and not by sight. Listen closely for His voice.
- Quote/Bible Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” Isaiah 6:8
- Graphic: Here am I. Send me! (Isaiah 6:8) @5:15 PM
- Discovering God: Restoring a sense of majesty #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.10.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Jude 24-25. Recognize God’s sovereignty right now by humbling yourself before him.
- Quote/Bible: “Yes, glory, majesty, power and authority belong to him, in the beginning now and forevermore.” Amen. Jude 25
- Graphic: "There is more healing joy in five minutes of true worship than in five nights of revelry." - A.W. Tozer
- Discovering God: The antidote for pride #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-present-everywhere.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Isaiah 44:6-8. Stop focusing on yourself and go worship the King of Kings. When we truly see Him as the majestic Sovereign of the Universe, pride loses its grip on us.
- Quote/Bible: “Whether I hear God’s call or not depends on the condition of my ears, and exactly what I hear depends upon my spiritual attitude.” Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest
- Graphic: “I am the First and the Last; there is no other God.” Isaiah 44:6
- Discovering God: The great puzzle of life #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.12.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Isaiah 14:24-27. Submit to God’s sovereign plan for the world and for you. Just like a puzzle piece, you fit right were he has planned for you to be.
- Quote/Bible “This is the plan determined for the whole world; this is the hand stretched out over all nations.” Isaiah 14:26
- Graphic: “For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him?” Isaiah 14:27a
- Discovering God: The microscopic mite #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-sovereign.13.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Habakkuk 3:1-6. How does comparing yourself to God’s greatness affect any false pride you may have?
- Quote/Bible “Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord.” Habakkuk 3:2a
- Graphic: “His brilliant splendor fills the heavens” Habakkuk 3:3
- Discovering God: A great scholar humbles himself #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Mark 10:13-16. Have you made Christ your personal Savior, or has it been intellectual recognition?
- Quote/Bible: “Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” Mark 10:15
- Graphic: “A faith without some doubts is like a human body with no antibodies in it. People who blithely go through life too busy or indifferent to ask the hard questions about why they believe as they do will find themselves defenseless against either the experience of tragedy or the probing questions of a smart skeptic. A person's faith can collapse almost overnight if she failed over the years to listen patiently to her own doubts, which should only be discarded after long reflection.” – Tim Keller
- Discovering God: An energy force or personal spirit? #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.2.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Hosea 6:1-6. Compare God being a stone to the reality of who He is and how that ever-present God affects your life.
- Quote/Bible: “For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.” Hosea 6:6
- Graphic: “Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him!” Hosea 6:3
- Discovering God: God desires fellowship with us #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.3.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 145:13-21. What do you have to give up to allow the Holy Spirit to control your life?
- Quote/Bible “The Lord is close to all who call on Him yes, to all who call on Him sincerely.” Psalm 145:18
- Graphic: “The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.” Psalm 145:13
- Discovering God: God helps us to know him #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.4.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 43:1-4. Worship God today as your Creator, Judge and Savior.
- Quote/Bible: “I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior” Isaiah 43:3
- Graphic: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1b
- Discovering God: God’s immeasurable riches #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.5.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Romans 5:1-11. Ponder the inheritance God has given you. How will you praise him for that today?
- Quote/Bible: “Christ has brought us into this place of highest privilege where we now stand.” Romans 5:2
- Graphic: We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. (Romans 5:2)
- Discovering God: God’s presence #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.6.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 1 Corinthians 3:10-17. Stop and listen to His still small voice. Make it a habit and watch God transform you.
- Quote/Bible: “Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?” 1 Corinthians 3:16
- Graphic: For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 3:11
- Discovering God: God’s triune personhood #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.7.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 10:25-30. Describe a way you personally relate to each Person of the triune Godhead.
- Quote/Bible “The Father and I are one” John 10:30 #Trinity
- Graphic: The Godhead Three in One, Father, Spirit and Son, Lion and the Lamb, “How Great is Our God” by Chris Tomlin
- Discovering God: Would you like to know God personally #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/classics/would-you-like-to-know-god-personally.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Romans 3:23. Confess any sins that are separating you from God.
- #Bible: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Graphic: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23
- Discovering God: How we appear to God #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.8.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Isaiah 55:1-7. Have you ever wondered what God sees when He looks down on us? Know He is never too far.
- Quote/Bible “Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David.” Isaiah 55:3
- Graphic: Seek the Lord while you can find Him. Call on him now while he is near.” Isaiah 55:6
- Discovering God: Hungering after God #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.9.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 145:16-21. On a piece of paper, list anything in your life that might prevent you from hungering after God with all your heart.
- Quote/Bible: “When you open your hand, you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing.” Psalm 145:16
- Graphic: "When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth." (John 16:13)
- Discovering God: Joy before a firing squad #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.10.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Nehemiah 8:10-18. Do you know the joy God gives – especially in difficult times? Today, experience God’s joy.
- Quote/Bible: “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” James 1:2-3
- Graphic: “The joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10
- Discovering God: #Power and #Peace #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.11.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 16:25-33. In the midst of troubles, embrace the power of the Holy Spirit and receive God’s faith.
- #Bible: “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
- Graphic: TEXT: Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a German scholar and theologian, denounced the Nazis as evil and became a potent voice in the German resistance. The Nazis arrested Bonhoeffer and incarcerated him in a Nazi concentration camp.
On a Sunday morning, after leading a worship service, he was hanged. The camp's liberation by the Allied forces was only days away, but not in time to save Bonhoeffer's life. As he was being taken to the gallows, the scholar remarked to an English prisoner of war,
"This is the end, but for me the beginning of life." Nazi prisoner, Dietrich Bonhoeffer just before his hanging at a concentration camp
- Discovering God: The Holy Spirit is a person #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.12.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 2 Corinthians 13:11-14. Do you view the Holy Spirit more as a person or as an impersonal force?
- #Bible: “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” 2 Corinthians 13:14
- Graphic: “Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.” 2 Corinthians 13:11
- Discovering God: The Holy Spirit sent to us #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.13.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 16:5-16. When did you first hear about the Holy Spirit?
- #Bible: “When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me” (John 16:8)
- Graphic: "... the will of God for your life is pretty straightforward: Be holy like Jesus, by the power of the Spirit, for the glory of God." Kevin DeYoung, Just Do Something
- Discovering God: The lessons of Elijah #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.14.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Psalm 37:1-7. Do you ever get depressed? When you feel in the pit of despair listen to His gentle whisper.
- #Bible: “He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.” Psalm 37:6
- Graphic: “Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.” Psalm 37:7
- Discovering God: The still small voice of a friend #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.15.html
- #CruChallenge: Read John 10:22-30. Recount a time in your life when you were seeking God’s will. What have you learned since then?
- Quote: "The inner essence of worship is cherishing Christ as gain - indeed as more gain than all that life can offer - family, career, retirement, fame, food, friends.” John Piper
- Graphic: “My sheep listen to My voice; I know them and they follow me.” John 10:27
- Discovering God: True happiness #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.16.html
- #CruChallenge: Read Matthew 22:34-40. True happiness comes from loving God Today, focus on following Jesus, not just working for Him.
- Quote/Bible: You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. Matthew 22:37
- Graphic: Love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:39)
- Discovering God: True significance #DailyDevotional http://www.cru.org/train-and-grow/devotional-life/discover-god/god-is-a-personal-spirit.17.html
- #CruChallenge: Read 1 Corinthians 2:1-5. If you wanted to be more like Paul, what would you need to do differently?
- Quote/Bible: “So that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.” 1 Corinthians 2:5
- Graphic: “I decided to concentrate only on Jesus Christ and His death on the cross” 1 Corinthians 2:2