Fullness of Joy
"Thou wilt show me the path of life; in
thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for
evermore" (Psalm 16:11, KJV).
"If you have lost the joy of the Lord in your life," someone once
observed, "who moved, you or God? For in His presence is fullness of
That saint and prophet of earlier years, A. W. Tozer, suggested several ways
for the believer to achieve real joy:
- Cultivate a genuine friendship with God. He is a Friend who sticks closer
than a brother.
- Take time to exercise yourself daily unto godliness. Vow never to be
dishonest about sin in your life, never to defend yourself, never to own
anything (or let anything own you), never to pass on anything hurtful about
others, never to take any glory to yourself.
- No known sin must be allowed to remain in your life. "Keep short
accounts with God" - never allow unconfessed sins to pile up in your
- Set out to build your own value system based on the Word of God. Meditate
on the Word; practice the presence of God. Set priorities as you realize
what is truly important. It will be reflected in the standard of values you
set for yourself.
- Share your spiritual discoveries with others.
TODAY'S ACTION POINT:
Knowing that the best witness in the world is a joyful, radiant Christian, I
will try to be that kind of believer, trusting the indwelling Holy Spirit to
thus empower me and radiate His love and joy through me. I will share my
spiritual discoveries with others.