WHAT IS IT?
Here's a constructive icebreaker to do with small groups. It will help people:
- Connect and get to know each other
- Reflect on their own faith journey
- Become comfortable talking about their story with others
- Find connections between their personal faith stories and the stories of others
WHAT DO I DO?
INTRODUCE THE QUESTIONS:
“In a moment, you will be reflecting on four questions. Three of these questions are designed to help you tell the story of your faith journey using Soularium™.”
“Consider the following way of thinking about your story. Imagine your life right now as the final scene of a movie. If you were to choose three frames from this movie (known as your life) to summarize what has brought you to where you are spiritually, which three frames would you choose?”
ASK THE THREE SOULARIUM™ QUESTIONS:
1. Which image represents the turning point in your life when you really began to follow Christ?
2. Which image represents what led up to that? (What was true of your life before then?)
3. Things are different after a turning point; which image represents a part of your life you've seen change as a result? (So what’s different?)
ASK THE ONE NON-SOULARIUM™ QUESTION:
4. As you think about your spiritual journey, what Scripture has meant the most to you? Why?
INVITE PARTICIPANTS TO SHARE THEIR STORIES
Give your group time to think about these questions, select images, and recall a meaningful verse.
Here are a couple of options:
Set aside 15 minutes of your group time over several weeks. Each week have one or two people tell their story using the Soularium™ images and their scripture passage. OR, have everyone tell their stories during one meeting. (As the facilitator, you may want to consider sharing your story first.)
Ideally, one Soularium™ deck for every two or three participants, but at minimum provide one.
©2013 CruPress. All rights reserved.