What does it take to begin a relationship with God? Do you need to devote yourself to unselfish religious deeds? Must you become a better person so that God will accept you? Learn how you can know God personally.
Learn the basics of what Christians believe.
Get the answers to frequently asked questions on Christian beliefs and practices.
Explore answers to life's biggest questions.
We all have a story. Read about individuals who have been transformed by faith.
Take the next step in your faith journey with resources on prayer, devotionals and other tools for personal and spiritual growth.
Explore resources to help you live out your life and relationships in a way that honors God.
Find resources for personal or group Bible study.
Learn to develop your skills, desire and ability to join others on their spiritual journeys and take them closer to Jesus.
Help others in their faith journey through discipleship and mentoring.
Develop your leadership skills and learn how to launch a ministry wherever you are.
Volunteer abroad this year on a short term global missions trip offered by one of the best, most-reliable Christian missions organizations in the world.
Internship opportunities with Cru's ministries.
If you're looking for the best Christian jobs and careers, check out Cru's ministry job openings for full- and part-time missionaries and professionals.
Live in another country building relationships and ministries with eternal impact.
Would you like to give your time to work with Cru? We need you.
Find a Cru event near you.
Use your hobbies and interests to find the best place for you to serve.
Helping students know Jesus, grow in their faith and go to the world to tell others.
Reflecting Jesus together for the good of the city.
Partnering with urban churches to meet physical and spiritual needs.
Striving to see Christ-followers on every team, in every sport and in every nation.
Equipping families with practical approaches to parenting and marriage.
Reaching students and faculty in middle and high school.
How we seek to journey together with everyone towards a relationship with Jesus.
Answers to questions on donations, financial policies, Cru’s annual report and more.
What we believe about the gospel and our call to serve every nation.
Learn about Cru's global leadership team.
When the global church comes together then powerful things can happen.
Leading from values so others will walk passionately with God to grow and bear fruit.
Because ethnicity is part of the good of creation, we seek to honor and celebrate the ethnic identity of those with whom we serve as well as those we seek to reach.
Today we encounter a wide variety of questions related to sexuality and gender. As followers of Christ, we want to navigate LGBT+ questions in a way that is compassionate to people and faithful to scripture.
Showing God in action in and through His people.
Hear what others are saying about Cru.
1. How do the accounts of the following people demonstrate their walk in the Spirit?
a. Paul (Acts 18:4-11; Philippians 4)
b. Peter (Acts 3:1-26; 4:13)
c. Stephen (Acts 6:8-15; 7:51-60)
2. What does it mean to you to cast your cares upon the Lord? How can you do this?
3. What does the example of the vine and branches in John 15:1-8 mean to you in your Christian life?
4. How would you describe the effects of spiritual fitness as expressed in the concept of “spiritual breathing.” (Romans 14:23; 1 John 1:9; 1 Corinthians 10:13; Ephesians 5:18; 1 John 5:14-15)
5. What promise does God make to you in 1 John 2:1-6?
6. List any areas of your life in which self is on the throne — in which Jesus is not on the throne. What practical steps will you take this week to give Jesus Christ control of those areas where self is on the throne?
7. What armor used to defend yourself against the world, the flesh and the devil does Ephesians 6:11-18 describe?
8. What do these verses teach about the role of prayer in the life of the believer?
a. Hebrews 4:15-16
b. James 5:16
c. 1 Samuel 12:23
d. James 1:5
9. How can you experience the “abundant Christian life”? Does “abundant” mean that your life will be free from struggles and hardships? Explain.
10. What do these verses promise you as you trust God?
a. Job 12:9-10
b. Psalm 16:1
c. Ecclesiastes 2:24-26
d. Isaiah 40:10-11
e. Isaiah 41:10
11. What place do feelings have in a life of faith? What will result if you seek feelings over and above walking by faith?
12. What do these verses say about thanksgiving? What would result in your life if you failed to “give thanks in all circumstances?”
a. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
b. Philippians 4:11
c. Psalm 95:2
d. Philippians 4:6
13. How does Romans 8:28 have practical meaning in your life? What are some of the consequences of not applying this verse?
14. What does John 14:21 tell you about how to have an obedient walk with Christ?
1. Share a recent personal example of how you have applied spiritual breathing in your life. How has this helped your walk with God?
2. (If applicable) What is the advantage of teaching your children the concept of spiritual breathing at an early age? How can you implement this practice in your own family? How will breathing spiritually change your own family atmosphere?
3. Share an example of an area in your life where you are likely to depend on feelings rather than on faith in God’s Word.
4. The Bible says temptation comes to the Christian from the world, the flesh and the devil. Discuss how these sources particularly reveal themselves in today’s culture.
5. Relate an instance in your life in which you were especially aware that God supplied your needs. How did you give Him thanks?
6. Think of some practical ways to develop the habit of praising God. How is developing praise as a habit beneficial to your Christian walk?
Adapted from the Transferable Concept: How You Can Walk In The Spirit, by Dr. Bill Bright, co-founder of Campus Crusade for Christ. © Cru. All rights reserved.
©1994-2023 Cru. All Rights Reserved.