How to Experience and Maintain Personal Revival
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any unconfessed sin in your life.
- Seek forgiveness from all whom you have offended, and forgive all who have hurt you. Make restitution where God leads.
- Examine your motives in every word and deed. Ask the Lord to search and cleanse your heart daily.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to guard your walk against complacency and mediocrity.
- Praise and give thanks to God continually in all ways on all days, regardless of your circumstances.
- Refuse to obey your carnal (worldy) nature (Galatians 5:16,17).
- Surrender your life to Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord. Develop utter dependence on Him with total submission and humility.
- Study the attributes of God.
- Hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6).
- Love God with all of your heart, soul, and mind (Matthew 22:37).
- Appropriate the continual fullness and control of the Holy Spirit by faith on the basis of God's command (Ephesians 5:18) and promise (1 John 5:14,15).
- Read, study, meditate on, and memorize God's holy, inspired, inerrant Word daily (Colossians 3:16).
- Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Fast and pray one 24-hour period each week. Prayerfully consider becoming one of the two million Christians who will fast for forty days before the end of the year 2000.
- Seek to share Christ daily as a way of life.
- Determine to live a holy, godly life of obedience and faith.
- Start or join a home or church Bible study group that emphasizes revival and a holy life.
Next: Six Vital Questions about Prayer