In the inner city, if you can't touch it, you can't use it; if it doesn't help you survive — then it isn't real. Don't talk about hope unless you can demonstrate it.
That's why Cru® partners with inner-city churches that are committed to ministering to the whole person — body, mind, and spirit.
We serve and mobilize the church to live out God's heart for the poor, so all can grow in Christ to build spiritual movements everywhere.
We envision cities transformed by the hope and justice of the gospel.
- Christ-centered — Start, stay and end with Christ in all we do
- City-focused — Minister to the poor in the city
- Church-based Partnerships — Work with churches and ministries in healthy relationships
- Wholistic — Commit to the transformation of the whole person
- Biblical justice and mercy — Live out God's heart for the poor and oppressed
- Leadership development — Invest in the growth of leaders
- Diversity — Learn from and celebrate all ethnicities, cultures and classes
- Equipping — Offer resources to the body of Christ for evangelism and discipleship
- Transferable — Design resources and strategies that equip people to equip others
We follow a simple plan called the Circle of Hope to connect, empower, and develop local churches that are sensitive to the needs of the poor and marginalized.