Spiritual Conversations on Social Media
Everyone is on a spiritual journey.
Acknowledging this journey can create chances for spiritual conversations that are natural and conversational. By asking life questions on social media and genuinely listening you can come alongside another person on their journey and explore where they’ve been, where they are now and where they’re headed.
The graphics and questions we’ll post in this section are designed to help youcreate authentic dialogue with your social media friends about their spiritual journey. Each graphic contains a broad life question or statement that gets people thinking about who they are and where they’re at. By posting the graphic and answering it yourself it can start a natural spiritual conversation with those who respond.
How to use these conversation starters...
- Choose a question or statement that relates to you and save that graphic.
- Accompanying each graphic on Cru.org we will have the most common responses, some insight into the responses, and some verses that could be encouraging or helpful in your dialogue
- Post the graphic to your social media, answer the question/statement yourself in the status, and ask others what their answer is.
- Pray for God to open doors for significant conversations (Colossians 4:2-6)
- Look at the comments on your post as a way to start a conversation. Pursue dialogue, not just a “quick way to get to the gospel.”
- Respond to comments in a way that shows you’re listening and you care. Look for opportunities to move the conversation offline and in-person where possible.
Questions that can help develop conversations...
- “I was really intrigued when you said _______. Would you tell me more about that?”
- “You said that you desired ________ in life (Ex: peace and to get away from the stress). I can relate to that. Can I share a little about how my relationship with God has affected this in my life?“
- “You said that you wish that _______ were true of your spiritual life. How have you tried to pursue that? Can I share with you my story? OR… how I began a relationship with God?”
What you’re ultimately trying to accomplish...
- Initiate a conversation
- Ask (open-ended) questions
- Genuinely listen
- Explore another person’s life story
- Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit
Latest Stories in Outreach Strategies
Once you know what someone’s personality type is, you're on the way to building a gospel-sharing strategy that speaks their language.
How can we help agnostics know and follow Christ? Let’s look into the life of one former skeptic and the tool he developed to help us better converse spiritually with others.
How can we express concern for others and share Christ effectively in potentially awkward scenarios?
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.