What does it take to begin a relationship with God? Do you need to devote yourself to unselfish religious deeds? Must you become a better person so that God will accept you? Learn how you can know God personally.
Learn the basics of what Christians believe.
Get the answers to frequently asked questions on Christian beliefs and practices.
Explore answers to life's biggest questions.
We all have a story. Read about individuals who have been transformed by faith.
Take the next step in your faith journey with resources on prayer, devotionals and other tools for personal and spiritual growth.
Explore resources to help you live out your life and relationships in a way that honors God.
Find resources for personal or group Bible study.
Learn to develop your skills, desire and ability to join others on their spiritual journeys and take them closer to Jesus.
Help others in their faith journey through discipleship and mentoring.
Develop your leadership skills and learn how to launch a ministry wherever you are.
Volunteer abroad this year on a short term global missions trip offered by one of the best, most-reliable Christian missions organizations in the world.
Internship opportunities with Cru's ministries.
If you're looking for the best Christian jobs and careers, check out Cru's ministry job openings for full- and part-time missionaries and professionals.
Live in another country building relationships and ministries with eternal impact.
Would you like to give your time to work with Cru? We need you.
Find a Cru event near you.
Use your hobbies and interests to find the best place for you to serve.
Helping students know Jesus, grow in their faith and go to the world to tell others.
Reflecting Jesus together for the good of the city.
Partnering with urban churches to meet physical and spiritual needs.
Striving to see Christ-followers on every team, in every sport and in every nation.
Equipping families with practical approaches to parenting and marriage.
Reaching students and faculty in middle and high school.
How we seek to journey together with everyone towards a relationship with Jesus.
Answers to questions on donations, financial policies, Cru’s annual report and more.
What we believe about the gospel and our call to serve every nation.
Learn about Cru's global leadership team.
When the global church comes together then powerful things can happen.
Leading from values so others will walk passionately with God to grow and bear fruit.
Because ethnicity is part of the good of creation, we seek to honor and celebrate the ethnic identity of those with whom we serve as well as those we seek to reach.
Today we encounter a wide variety of questions related to sexuality and gender. As followers of Christ, we want to navigate LGBT+ questions in a way that is compassionate to people and faithful to scripture.
Showing God in action in and through His people.
Hear what others are saying about Cru.
About a month ago I bet you were feeling really good about how much you knew about social media.
You have pinned your dream pet on pinterest, you have scrolled through your Facebook feed, retweeted on Twitter and now Instagram stories are continuing to evolve and want to know how to keep your followers engaged.
Storytelling has been a key part of mankind’s communication from the beginning – that’s how God’s Word has been speaking to us for centuries! And marketing and social media has been no different.
So today, let’s go through some ideas on how you can take advantage of Instagram Stories and use it to best promote what you are doing in ministry.
1. Supplement your main Instagram content with stories. Long ago, we advised that you only post to Instagram once or twice a day. Using stories, you can share even more without over exhausting your audience.
2. Turn your stories into real-time events. Look at your event calendar and see what is coming up that your online community could follow along with like a retreat, meeting or contest. A big brand example comes from the women’s clothing line, Loft. They had two friends go around the store with a challenge – pick out an outfit for your friend to wear that they would never pick for themselves. In addition, they had their online audience tag their best friend to increase engagement.
3. Use a variety of Instagram story features: There are so many options for the Instagram stories! There’s live video, boomerang, super zoom, rewind and stop-motion. There are also things for polls, location and hashtags! All of these things help create more engagement with your followers. National Geographic has used the polls for their stories and it was a way to engage their followers, and find their dream vacation!
4. Take your followers on a tour. Are you on a campus, in a large city, or working in some really fun or weird environments? Take your audience on a tour while filming your Stories. New York University has been taking their audience on tours around the campus and city to enhance their offerings to their audience. You can also look at how GoPro doesn’t just do a tour of an area, they take their audience on an adventure!
5. Give previews of upcoming talks and let others do takeovers of your Instagram Stories. If you host weekly meetings, tell your audience why they should come out and listen. Maybe even give them a set list of the music that will be played or a game that will happen to get your audience more excited.
6. Share your user-generated content. We love sharing others’ photos and creations – and our audience loves when they are featured. Why not do that same on your Instagram Stories? Invite your users to share photos of themselves using your product and let them know what you will be featuring them in your Instagram Stories. You could even do a giveaway to encourage them to send pictures!
©1994-2023 Cru. All Rights Reserved.