We have partner ministries that have various needs. Work directly with at-risk children or adults. As well, each of these ministries has various events and need behind-the-scenes administrative work, including web. Contact them directly.
Are you interested in working with at-risk children? Check out these options.
- Transformer's Club at University Presbyterian Church in East Orange meets on Wednesdays from 2:30–5. Volunteers arrive 30 minutes before and stay 30 minutes after. Email Karen Akers.
- Apopka Club meeting on Wednesdays starting mid-September. Email Laura Belen.
- Kid's Club meeting at Tymber Skan Apartments in South Orlando on Saturdays. Email Bridgett Davis, of Total Resoration Transformation Center.
- New Beginnings Ministry has a Sidewalk Sunday School truck that they take various places, including each Saturday at Reeve's Terrace low-income housing. Email Rosa Marti.
- New Beginnings Ministry is also working with women getting out of sex trafficking. Email Rosa Marti.
Are you in interested in working with at-risk adults? Check out these options.
- Samaritan Resource Center (East Orange) near Dean and Colonial. Help the homeless and almost homeless. Mornings (generally) only on Monday–Thursdays. Email Sheila Sablain.
- Help prostitutes and families in long-term motels along Orange Blossom Trail. Email Bridgett Davis.
- Volunteer to lead or co-lead adult-development courses at the Rescue Outreach Mission in Sanford. Email Madalyn Alvarez.
- Help students receive their GED. Volunteer with Spirit of Joy Ministries on West Colonial. Generally mornings only, Tuesday–Thursday. Email Joy Davis.
- Help lead weekly men's discussion groups with prison inmates and/or volunteer at a twice/year retreat. Email Mike Chapman.
At other times throughout the year, we collect and pack Compassionate Products™ for our partner ministries to use for evangelistic outreaches.
- Easter Bags: Come join us to pack Easter bags for children living in the inner city! The bags will be filled with candy, small toys, gospel bead bracelets, and cards. You could help pack the bags, write cards, and make bracelets. Read more.
- Boxes of Love®: The holidays for most people means turkey, mashed potatoes, afternoon naps, family, and maybe football. But for so many Thanksgiving is no different from any other day. Help bring food, love and the gospel to families by packing boxes of Thanksgiving food that will be delivered by Central Florida churches. Read more.
- PowerPacks™: When kids go back to school they need school supplies. Many kids in the city can't afford what they need. PowerPacks are backpacks filled with school supplies that are distributed when school is starting up. We need volunteers to help assemble these bags of school goodies. Read more.
- S.A.Y. Yes!® Centers: Do you have a heart for kids in city? Volunteer at an after-school program that focuses on all the needs of a child! Come share the love of Christ with a child by mentoring and tutoring. Read more.
If you would like more information about any of these opportunities or think God is calling you to volunteer, please email Karen Akers or call (407) 719-9460.