Download Article (PDF)
- How many people work there?
- In percentages, what is the breakdown of…
- men and women?
- distribution of ages (20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and beyond)?
- stage of life (single, married w/o kids, married w/ kids, emptynesters)?
- How many people are you in regular contact with?
- Is the work force fairly stable or is there a lot of turn-over?
- Is most work done individually or in collaboration?
- Do most employees work strictly “9 to 5” or is overtime encouraged/expected?
- Does your boss have an “open door” policy or is it a more formalenvironment?
- How is appreciation and encouragement expressed?
- Name the top 5 values of the company that you have observed.
- Of those whom you have regular contact with…
- How many are non-believers?
- How many indicate that they are religious?
- How many have a personal relationship with Jesus?
Opportunities for relationships
- Is there a lunchroom, coffee bar, etc. available?
- Does the company sponsor social events, athletic teams, etc.?
- Do employees spontaneously go out after work?
- Do you get together with co-workers to do things outside of work?
- Would you say people at work are friends or acquaintances?