Thank you for choosing to engage with the Desire series.
We hope this guide will help you discuss the material with a friend. Your conversation will be more rewarding if you take some time to read through the article and this guide before you meet.
- If you’re comfortable doing so, invite God to be part of your conversation.
- Discuss what stood out to you from the article.
- Talk about anything from the article that you have questions about or don’t understand.
Key Points From Article #9
- You can’t take shortcuts in finding freedom when your patterns of sexual behavior feel out of control.
- What motivates you to find freedom in this area of your life?
- Where have you already found success?
- Where have you been frustrated?
- Honesty with God, yourself and another person keeps you walking toward freedom.
- Who do you have the most difficulty being honest with — God, yourself or others? Why?
- Accountability — deciding to answer to someone for your choices — is a way of taking responsibility for your actions.
- How do you feel about the idea of being accountable to another person?
- Knowing what you want in accountability helps you decide who you want as an accountability partner.
- What do you think you need from an accountability partner?
- What do you think your accountability partner needs from you?
Next Steps — Read through these together.
- Talk to God about where you are struggling on your road to freedom. He is for you and He cares deeply about you. This verse in the Bible might encourage you: Matthew 6:26.
- Write down a couple names of people you feel you could be accountable to.
- Ask God for courage to contact one of those people. If you’re not sure what to say, look back at the sample conversation in the article.
- Mark a date on your calendar to discuss another article from the Desire series, if you have any left to discuss.