Thank you for choosing to engage with the Desire series.
We hope this guide will help you discuss the material with a friend. Your conversation will be more rewarding if you take some time to read through the article and this guide before you meet.
- If you’re comfortable doing so, invite God to be part of your conversation.
- Discuss what stood out to you from the article.
- Talk about anything from the article that you have questions about or don’t understand.
Key Points From Article #7
- Triggers are things that cause you to start down a path toward being sexually aroused.
- How can you relate to Heidi’s triggers? What other triggers do you experience?
- Knowing your triggers allows you to set good boundaries, which will give you the opportunity to develop healthy relationships.
- What boundaries can you set in place to guard against each of your triggers?
- Experiencing sexual desire in a healthy way requires knowing your triggers so you can be proactive about avoiding them. Reaching out to trusted friends for support when you’re triggered is also healthy.
- How have you experienced feeling out of control — like you can’t stop — once you’ve been triggered?
Next Steps — Read through these together.
- Think of two or three people you could text or call for support when you feel triggered or when your sexual desire is taking over.
- Try talking to them this week about whether they would be willing to support you in this way.
- Share your progress with whomever you are discussing the Desire series with.
- Mark a date on your calendar to discuss another article from the Desire series.