Thank you for choosing to engage with the Desire series.
We hope this guide will help you discuss the material with a friend. Your conversation will be more rewarding if you take some time to read through the article and this guide before you meet.
- If you’re comfortable doing so, invite God to be part of your conversation.
- Discuss what stood out to you from the article.
- Talk about anything from the article that you have questions about or don’t understand.
Key Points From Article #6
- When we can’t forgive ourselves for something, the guilt and shame that follows often leads us to hide from God or somehow try to make up for our mistake.
- Can you relate to LeeAnn’s struggle with feelings of unforgiveness toward herself? Why or why not?
- Holding unforgiveness in your heart will keep you in captivity.
- How have feelings of unforgiveness toward others affected your life up to this point?
- Grace is unconditional acceptance and love which cannot be earned.
- How have you experienced grace in your relationships with people and with God?
- How did that change you?
Next Steps — Read through these together.
- Write down the names of anyone you have felt unable to forgive.
- Beside each name, write how you can take the next step toward forgiving them. Remember, forgiving someone does not mean excusing what happened, nor does it mean you must restore the relationship.
- Mark a date on your calendar to discuss another article from the Desire series.