Thank you for choosing to engage with the Desire series.
We hope this guide will help you discuss the material with a friend. Your conversation will be more rewarding if you take some time to read through the article and this guide before you meet.
- If you’re comfortable doing so, invite God to be part of your conversation.
- Discuss what stood out to you from the article.
- Talk about anything from the article that you have questions about or don’t understand.
Key Points From Article #5
- Shame drives us into isolation and then tells us we are safer there.
- Does your inner voice ever say any of the following?
- No one else you know is struggling with this.
- Your problem is worse than what other women experience.
- If you come clean, you’ll be judged.
- You’re on your own, and that’s not changing.
- Being honest with someone you trust face to face is one of the first steps in emotional and spiritual healing.
- What fears keep you from telling someone about your struggles?
- Confession — which is being honest with God, yourself and others — allows you to experience the acceptance and unconditional love God wants you to know.
- Do you feel accepted by God today? Why or why not?
Next Steps — Read through these together.
- Talk with God about how your current struggle makes you feel — even if you enjoy how it makes you feel. Be honest about your fears.
- Mark a date on your calendar to discuss another article from the Desire series.