1. Consider the pull of the culture in the list below. Put a check next to the worldly perspective (cultural myth) you think influences you the most or can tempt you the most:
Discuss which myth you checked and why you checked it.
Read out loud: Luke 12:13-21
2. Look at verses 13-15. What may have been the motive behind the person in the crowd telling Jesus to tell his brother to divide the inheritance with him? What warning does Jesus give to the crowd in verse 15?
3. What was Jesus trying to communicate in verses 16-21 by using this parable?
4. How would you briefly summarize verses 13-21?
Read out loud: Romans 12:1-2
5. In Romans 12:1, what step does Paul urge us to take?
6. What does it mean to be conformed to this world? What does it mean for us to be transformed by the renewing of our minds? How can this show us and others that God’s will is good?
7. What passage from the Bible can you print or write out and tape to your bathroom mirror to remind you to live for eternal things and not the things of this world?
8. A Spending Plan is the fundamental tool we will use to allocate and control financial resources; it provides us a way to live out our values and priorities.
©1994-2022 Cru. All Rights Reserved.