Conferences: Why Consider Going?
The answer to whether you should attend an upcoming conference, or any conference, is a matter of discerning God’s will and being willing to do whatever he is asking you to do – stay or go. But as you pray and seek his will these are some things to reflect on as it relates to the spiritual and relational benefits of attending a conference or retreat.
You’ll spend time in an environment that’s like a spiritual greenhouse and receive the equivalent of six months of quality input during four to five days.
- “ . . . I press on in order that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:12)
- “And we proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in Christ.” (Colossians 1:28)
You’ll be with hundreds of other Christians and get a larger picture of what God’s doing in the lives of other students and other campuses.
- “Without a vision the people perish.” (Proverbs 29:18)
- “That your hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:2,3)
You’ll receive in-depth teaching from experienced and insightful Bible teachers.
- “Like newborn babes, long for the pure milk of the Word, that by it you may grow in respect to salvation.” (1 Peter 2:2)
- “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the Word of truth.” (2Timothy 2:15)
You’ll get to know other believers in a deeper way.
- “We ought always to give thanks to God for you brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater.” (2 Thessalonians 1:3)
- “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more, as you see the day drawing near.” (Hebrews 10:23-25)
There are training levels specifically designed to meet each of your ministry needs, along with a variety of optional seminars.
- “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.” (Matthew 5:6)
- “Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, `If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the scripture said, from his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.’” (John 7:37-38)
You’ll experience one of the most wonderful times of singing and enjoying God!
- “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” (Colossians 3:15-16)
God will touch your life in a special way.
- “For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
- “If then you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind of the things above, not on the things that are on earth.” (Colossians 3:1-2)
Other things to consider:
- Money is no problem with God. He will supply all we truly need.
- If finances weren’t involved would you go? (Matt. 6:31-35)
- Getting there is no problem! Contact Student LINC – we’ll locate transportation.
- This is a chance to see God meet your need.
What is stepping out in faith?
Faith is not saying to God, “Lord, if You do ‘X’ and ‘Y’, I’ll go to the conference.” Rather, faith is saying, “Lord, I’m going because I believe You want me there and I’ll trust You to take care of any problem.”
- “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:1,6)
Step out then and make plans. God will take care of your needs. If He doesn’t want you to go, He’ll close the door. When we grab the doorknob and pull on it we find out if the door is open or closed. “And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:19)
© 2010, CruPress, All Rights Reserved. CruPress.com
Latest Stories in Growing
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.