What does it take to begin a relationship with God? Do you need to devote yourself to unselfish religious deeds? Must you become a better person so that God will accept you? Learn how you can know God personally.
Learn the basics of what Christians believe.
Everyone has their own spiritual journey with the Lord. How can we help you move forward in yours today? Take the next step in your faith journey with devotionals and other resources for spiritual growth.
If you were created for community, why can relationships — family, dating, co-workers, neighbors — be so hard? Explore resources to help you live out your life and relationships in a way that honors God.
Find resources for personal or group Bible study.
Sharing your faith is one of our most important callings as followers of Christ. Learn to develop your skills, desire and ability to join others on their spiritual journeys and take them closer to Jesus.
Help others in their faith journey through discipleship and mentoring.
Helping students know Jesus, grow in their faith and go to the world to tell others.
Equipping families with practical approaches to parenting and marriage.
Advancing the Great Commission using digital tools.
Engaging around sports to help athletes think and live biblically.
How we seek to journey together with everyone towards a relationship with Jesus.
Answers to questions on donations, financial policies, Cru’s annual report and more.
What we believe about the gospel and our call to serve every nation.
When the global church comes together then powerful things can happen.
Leading from values so others will walk passionately with God to grow and bear fruit.
“(Facebook) allows you to go beyond the here and now and tell your story through photos, friendships and personal milestones like graduating or traveling to new places (when posting on your timeline in your personal Facebook profile),” said Scott Santee with Global Short Film.
“(Facebook) is a great opportunity to share your life’s story along the themes that really matter to you and your friends."
6 Steps for Using Facebook Timeline
1. Think through your themes. What is your story really about? A few things to consider:
A.) History – Big milestones (e.g. birth, ethnicity, family, where you grew up, went to school)
B.) Highlights – Could be people or events in your life (e.g. giving your life to Christ, conversations, retreats, trips)
C.) Heartaches – These shape who you are (e.g. parents split, girlfriend breaks up with you, close friend dies)
D.) Heroes – People who have had a great influence in your life (e.g. uncle, grandmother, schoolteacher, youth pastor)
E.) Hand of God – Events in which you can now see how the Hand of God was guiding you in a spiritual journey, drawing you closer to Him.
2. Add significant events that fit your theme into your Timeline – using pictures and video whenever possible. If you don’t have pictures, consider taking a digital picture of a photo from your scrapbook or photo albums. If you don’t have video of a significant event, consider narrating a simple web-cam video.
3. Paint the events in full color. We tend to minimize our failures. As Christians, we want to do the opposite – to lift up our weaknesses and failures. By including our imperfections and poor choices, we put the gospel on display. Your honesty adds power to your story and shows off the Good News.
4. Be genuine. Let the events of your story tell your story. You don’t need to pose as someone you’re not. Your story is powerful as is.
5. Include more than just the Christian stuff. Be sure to add your first crush, your first roller coaster, your family’s last road trip together. Let the reader see the themes come out in the context of your whole life. Otherwise, it will not feel genuine, but rather like you have an agenda.
6. Read and comment on your friends’ Timelines. What’s their story? Surprisingly, this may be the most important step. Note the themes in their stories. There’s nothing more honoring than spending time knowing their story. And sometimes, you’ll be able to show them where God has already been at work in their lives.
©1994-2020 Cru. All Rights Reserved.