Do you enjoy finding the perfect gifts for the people you love?
What if those gifts made a difference not only in the lives of the people who received them but also all around the world?
Here are 10 gifts you can give this year that give back:
- 31 Bits provides dignified job opportunities for artisans around the world through their jewelry and accessories.
- Preemptive Love helps provide relief and create jobs for refugees in worn-torn countries. Check our their soap, candles, ornaments and more.
- TOMS uses the proceeds from their shoes and other products to provide shoes, optometry services, access to water, safe birth kits and bullying prevention programs to communities around the globe that need them.
- Love Your Melon sells beanies and helps better the lives of children who are battling cancer.
- The Giving Keys provides jobs for people transitioning out of homelessness through their jewelry, key rings and other accessories.
- Mud Love sells handcrafted mugs, planters and vases. Each purchase provides someone in a need with a week of clean water through a partnership with Water for Good.
- Noonday Jewelry provides jobs for people in need through the sale of the jewelry and accessories made by artisans from around the globe.
- Cru’s Global Aid Network has a catalog of opportunities to give to those in need in honor of someone in your life.
- Kiva Microloan allows you to choose from among many opportunities to provide an interest-free loan on behalf of a loved one to help someone start or grow a business, access clean energy, go to school and so much more.
- World Vision provides many different gift options in its Gift Catalog, including the Hope Bracelet, which supports World Visions humanitarian projects that are going on throughout the world while allowing you to give a physical reminder of those projects to a loved one.
Giving gifts and supporting aid organizations is a personal choice. Click on the links above to find out more about each organization and the gifts they provide. Also, ask your local church if there are any similar initiatives in your community that you can support.
Know of another great organization that provides gifts that give back? Comment below!