Come join a small elite group of college students for a summer of serving, sacrifice, community-building and working as you experience what it would be like to live, work and serve in New York City.
We will only be able to accept 4-6 men and 4-6 women to be part of this team so apply early!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
· * You will work at a job part time and serve in the inner city part time.
· * You will live in Christian community in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Our housing will be college-style dorms with Metro Ministries.
· * You will be trained and given opportunities to lead. Just one example is leading a summer mission for high school students.
· * You will learn to be a servant as you join with inner city churches to reach those in need in their neighborhoods. You may teach, mentor, organize, serve food, share your faith, clean . . . and basically serve in any way that is needed.
· * You will share your faith. The best training for evangelism is to become immersed in it, and there is no place better for that then NYC. You will learn how to do ministry in a multi-cultural, inner city context as well as at your work place.
· * You will grow in your relationship with the Lord. You will worship, spend time with the Lord, learn to study the Bible, and more.
· * You will gain a deeper understanding of issues of Poverty. You will learn about God heart for the poor and glean from inner city pastors and ministry leaders with years of experience.
WANT A SNEAK PEEK OF THE SUMMER?
Here is a video from students last year:
BREAKING IT DOWN:
Bushwick is a great place to live…the neighborhood has over 130,000 people from all over the world and 32% of which fall under the poverty line. But it is also a neighborhood in transition, with the "hipster" influences seen in such things as neighborhood coffee houses (with the best coffee ever) and eclectic stores.
New Yorker speak over 170 languages. They come from all over the world and make an impact throughout the entire world. When you come to NYC, you can reach the nations without ever having a passport. New York City is undeniably the leader in finance, art, politics and business. Think Wall Street, the United Nations, Park Avenue, Broadway/Times Square. Behind all glitter is a city steeped in poverty and immense need. New Yorkers have all been through great tragedy, but they are survivors!
©1994-2018 Cru. All Rights Reserved.