Pay Level: MM3/19 Negotiable
The Social Media Community Manager provides leadership to strategy implementation and development of content for social media. You will: Use social media platforms to share engaging content that generates awareness and represents Cru as a caring community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ; Research opportunities to enhance social media activities and presence online in a meaningful way; Work to integrate social media strategy into Cru.org, Staff Web, and to provide social media support to partner ministries; Create training opportunities to teach staff how to use social media effectively; Research and create proposals that will push forward the organization’s social presence with new and innovative ideas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times.
For this position:
- Determines which social media channels to use and analyzes their effectiveness.
- Produce content for Cru’s social media accounts — highlighting the organization and driving engagement
- Integrate the organization’s “caring community” brand online by creating an online community that will be the first touch point for questions and engagement with Cru.
- Enlist volunteers to assist with the workload as necessary
- Create and implement ongoing strategies for growth for Cru social media
- Monitor social activity, manage customer relationships, and actively engage influencers and brand advocates.
- Track key bloggers, Twitterers, etc. of interest and classify them based on content and visibility/credibility; prepare analysis and tracking of trends and areas Cru should engage in
- Create ready-to-use content and best practice ideas for distribution to Cru’s sub-ministries
- Create and implement training for field staff and corporate staff on how to use social media
- Manage advertising campaigns (e.g., AdWords, Facebook, etc.)
- Self-start; maintain day to day platforms while also driving forward organizational strategy
- Have exceptional judgment and discretion while representing Cru online
- Creatively write for an online audience and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Create and present proposals on new social media strategies for the organization
- Manage multiple tasks effectively
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced social media; content creation, scheduling, best practices
- The latest trends and uses of social media; an early adopter
- Writing and organizational communications
- Principles of marketing and living out the brand online
- Training principles
- Strategic planning
- Computer and technology skills – Hootsuite, Photoshop, and Google apps
- Digital marketing and advertising (e.g., AdWords, Facebook advertising, etc.)
Supervise a team of social media specialists and coordinates the following leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws:
- Hiring and training employees
- Planning, assigning and directing work
- Appraising performance
- Rewarding and disciplining employee
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations preferred.
- Work experience of 2+ years managing social media in a corporate setting.
- Experience with Hootsuite, Photoshop, and WSIWYG editors preferred.
- Experience with digital marketing (e.g., AdWords, Facebook advertising, etc.).
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.