Location: Hybrid (Orlando, FL office & remote work)
Cru has a long-standing history of being a pioneer in world Christian Missions. We are looking for the most talented individuals with a passion to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed to the nations. Come use your God-given talents to help do this!
Our teams at Cru Headquarters are committed to praying for and with each other. Your faith isn’t just something apart from who you are it’s an integral part of you. Here at Cru, we want you to use your gifts to further the Kingdom each day.
The Kind of Work You’ll Be Doing
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of user-centered design and related design methodologies. Exceptional ability to lead in the area of discovering and analyzing cross-cultural end-user needs, desires and challenges with Jesus Film products with the goal to deliver relevant, useful products for ministry.
- Work with our Product team lead to establish the correct framework for improving and implementing HCD across our products and departmental thinking.
- Supervise the efforts to oversee and improve the discovery process globally in all we do as Jesus Film, especially focusing on the twelve least reached and hardest to reach countries which are top priority for Jesus Film. Navigate challenging international situations, overcoming difficulties so that we can fulfill the vision of Jesus Film to reach the hardest to reach people groups.
- Oversee the insertion of our UX team with SRT reps to establish appropriate connections with grassroots team members, observing how they currently use our products and how that maps to ministry problems we are solving/or not solving for them.
- Analyze documentation of how global partners currently use (or don’t use) our resources. Utilize this analysis to design and test products that are more relevant to their ministry contexts, the majority of which are inauspicious to the products.
- Lead the team to rapidly prototype and evaluate designs including wireframes, paper and interactive prototypes, storyboards, as a result of ingesting field feedback around ministry problems we seek to solve.
- Oversee the design process utilizing design sprints and our innovative pod spaces for discovery, ideation and prototyping.
- Collaborate with our head of product, content strategists, front-end developers and programmers to design better user experiences that enable users to take the next best step in following Jesus.
- Oversee as well as work on the design of beautiful looking web pages and mobile user experiences.
- Lead the UX team to create the aspirational vision for the way people will experience our digital properties and align team members to produce the work to accomplish those goals
- Provide overall leadership to the UX and design team as a spokesperson, coach, change agent and direction-setter. Develop and foster spiritual growth in oneself and the team.
- Help establish and track clear expectations, objectives and measures for the team. Nurture a feedback-rich culture to develop individual team members and to foster healthy relationships inside and outside the team.
- Use sound leadership practices such as: strategic planning, project management, cost containment, cost benefit, quality assurance and staff productivity.
- Assist subject matter experts from other departments in seeing the impact and value of HCD approach, content and design strategies.
- Advocate usability best practices for internal and customer facing applications. Maintain expert knowledge for current and emerging digital technologies & platforms, industry standards, developing trends, and UX/UI best practices, and apply them to our digital products and properties.
Education and/or Experience
- 4-year degree in HCI (Human-Computer Interaction), graphic/visual design, or related field equivalent work.
- 5 years experience in digital, software or interaction design. 3 years experience managing and leading a team required.
- Experience with teams building native and web apps, web content and digital user experiences.
- Experience with source code control and modern CSS methodologies (e.g., SASS) is a bonus.
- Experience in negotiation, and navigating a variety of international relationships.
- While not required, official awards and/or recognition within the field are a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package.